Let see those PW Caps!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danoday

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Plenty pics on the net but very few of 2018+ PW. I'm looking for a decent cap with good lines, fitment and reasonable price. Thanks for your participation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

warwickram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Century cap same company as leer.Very happy with it .Might have the power wagon stripe extended up the cap

OP
OP
danoday

danoday

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
might not fit your definition of a cap but affordable and works well.View attachment 231188
Are they water tight? Noisy at highway speed? I have considered those, because they are semi permanent and wouldn't have limited use of bed like the cap.
I definitely like the look and lines of the Leer cap. My only concerns are paint matching, I see so many caps that almost but not a match.

Thanks everyone for the posts and pics.

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
I'll add another pic of a Softopper to the mix...

20201013_174637.jpg

I had a deposit for a Snugtop but ended up going with the Softopper due to the flexibility of it and I think it pairs well with the look and hell even the history of the PW, being military based and all...

Have gotten nothing but compliments on it and have no regrets. Water tight, holds up great in the snow, no issues at 80+ mph on the highway and again, the versatility is awesome. Recommend them to everyone.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are they water tight? Noisy at highway speed? I have considered those, because they are semi permanent and wouldn't have limited use of bed like the cap.
I definitely like the look and lines of the Leer cap. My only concerns are paint matching, I see so many caps that almost but not a match.

Thanks everyone for the posts and pics.

I have never ridden in the bed with it so not sure how noisy it is...but in the truck cab you can not hear it and I just got back from an 1800 mile road trip traveling 75-80mph in windy conditions. Water tight? yes and no. will a little moisture seep when you power wash it yes but sitting out in the rain never had an issue. A buddy and I just did the White Rim trail which is dusty as all get out ie 100 miles + of dusty trail he has a hard shell leer and we had equal amounts of dust in the back of our trucks. I will say the rear hatch on the hard shell is more convenient and cleaner opening in dusty conditions than the softopper. For the money I am satisfied. My one concern is security which is one of the reason I am running the solid panel on the back. Keeps prying eyes out. I have the clear panel as well but prefer the solid one.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Love this top. Couldn’t afford a hard top when I was in the market and honestly it wouldn’t work nearly as well as the softopper does for me because I take it on and off all the time.

dogs are very happy in the back.

definitely not noisy on the highway although if I’m in heavy crosswinds sometimes there will be minor flapping from the part that overlaps the rear wall. It really surprises me how well it keeps water out to to be honest with you. Obviously security is different than a hard top but that comes with the territory.

28AC1208-430D-4037-8281-BDA1E0F0A68B.jpeg

963A857D-ED92-4BC2-A9FB-DB799216ECB9.jpeg

857C75B5-C6CA-49F6-A003-C60C8E0807E3.jpeg

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well 56PW17's pics just answered one of my main questions...will a Softopper work with the Decked system. Appears that it will! I'm working on an overlanding build and those two items were right on the top of the list.

Storage on top of the Decked...Softopper to keep the weight down and rain/snow off of anything inside.

Thanks...! Great pics everyone!

CFII

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I want a Decked system quite a bit, but I am planning to sleep in the bed of the truck, and I wont have a lot of room on a decked floor.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I want a Decked system quite a bit, but I am planning to sleep in the bed of the truck, and I wont have a lot of room on a decked floor.
You will have under 30 inches of head room. I think it’s 28.5 exactly to the support bars that hold the top up.

once I put the decked system in I had to get the topper because you end up with 11 or 12 inches of bed depth. I travel with my family all the time and we put the kids bags and stuff in the back. Need the top to stop the teddy bears from flying out lol