Let's say you had $5,600 to spend

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Epillon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, let's just say you've got $5,628 of disposable income that has been agreed by the ole lady to spend however I want. No talk of investing, retirement, yada yada.. Let's just say I'm good. So how would you spend it? I don't know what I want to upgrade or modify so I'm just interested in seeing how others would creatively spend it.

Let me preface this by saying, I don't want to void the warranties (Mopar and Manufacturers) I've got a ways to go for those, also I'm not looking to change the geometry/ride of the truck from stock ie, lift, lower, big rims/tires.

So that being said I can't think of anything else I'd really like. I've got a K&N cold air intake, Flowmaster exhaust, Mopar sidesteps, full tint, EGR in channel rain guards, 55W HID kit, upgraded Alpine speaker system, remote starter and some other odds and ends.

So what to do, what to do? Was thinking just going full maintenance and change all the fluids, plugs and anything else that could use it.

Opinions?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
If you are worried about the warranty and dont want to change the suspension, then the only thing you can really put that money towards would be a new set of wheels/tires.

You are skipping all the fun stuff.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
$5628 is a very specific number.... anyway, yes, you can do maintenance but I doubt you go through all of the $$ doing that. How about a spray bed liner? Or a more audio upgrade?

Last edited:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Let me get this straight--you got 5g's to spend, you don't want any of the "fun" stuff as Matt puts it, and you live in Vegas. It sure wouldn't take long for this thread to get off track IMO. I think I'd do all the maintenance to the truck that is needed, make a reservation at Lake Powell for a week on a houseboat this spring or this summer and go enjoy yourself!!!!!!(if you like the water etc)
Jay

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a $4,000ish audio upgrade list...JL speakers, sub, amp, and a new headunit. That's what I'd do. That and spend the rest on leather seat covers.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^^^^ and a couch----:naughty::naughty:
Jay

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
4K for an audio system?:sleepy10:

Some of us like having the best audio quality possible? The basic factory system is horrible! I listen to music all the time, with the exception of when I'm sleeping, watching tv, or at work or school. Might not be your cup of tea, but it's definitely money well spent in my opinion.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
4K for an audio system?:sleepy10:

I spent more than that in 1992:favorites13: Now factor in inflation and that is close to 10,000.00. Having said all that I learned my lesson and retired young so against the op wishes I would tell all the young guys to invest it, you could retire a month earlier than I did.

Last edited:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
So, let's just say you've got $5,628 of disposable income that has been agreed by the ole lady to spend however I want. No talk of investing, retirement, yada yada.. Let's just say I'm good. So how would you spend it? I don't know what I want to upgrade or modify so I'm just interested in seeing how others would creatively spend it.

Let me preface this by saying, I don't want to void the warranties (Mopar and Manufacturers) I've got a ways to go for those, also I'm not looking to change the geometry/ride of the truck from stock ie, lift, lower, big rims/tires.

So that being said I can't think of anything else I'd really like. I've got a K&N cold air intake, Flowmaster exhaust, Mopar sidesteps, full tint, EGR in channel rain guards, 55W HID kit, upgraded Alpine speaker system, remote starter and some other odds and ends.

So what to do, what to do? Was thinking just going full maintenance and change all the fluids, plugs and anything else that could use it.

Opinions?
Nitto 22's and nice wheels. Ride height will be close to the same, looks and turning heads will quad-drupel.

OP
OP
Epillon

Epillon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let me get this straight--you got 5g's to spend, you don't want any of the "fun" stuff as Matt puts it, and you live in Vegas. It sure wouldn't take long for this thread to get off track IMO. I think I'd do all the maintenance to the truck that is needed, make a reservation at Lake Powell for a week on a houseboat this spring or this summer and go enjoy yourself!!!!!!(if you like the water etc)
Jay

LOL. After living in Vegas for 15+ years I've done all there is to do, and then some, out here and around Vegas. I've gotten old and boring, atleast fun wise. Anyway, I really love my Ram but because I bought it used I have to avoid alot of the fun stuff because those warranties are gold until I hit the mileage limits.

That's why I'm just seeing what else there is to do. I'm leaning towards a new deck with back up camera as well as a full on tune up.

If I got the same sized rims as stock would that change the geometry of the ride at all?

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Well, if it were me, it would go to credit cards.... But let's say all those are taken care of..... Another truck would be the next thing. If I had the truck I wanted, then I would do wheels, tires, lift, line-x, fender flares.

And if you can't think of anything that list will also work for my truck :)

A warranty is basically like court. Anything you do can and will be used against you. And honestly, if you ever did try to do warranty claims, they make it such an ordeal and a PITA, you might as well not even worry about it and have fun with the truck.

OP
OP
Epillon

Epillon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
$5628 is a very specific number.... anyway, yes, you can do maintenance but I doubt you go through all of the $$ doing that. How about a spray bed liner? Or a more audio upgrade?

I'm leaning towards this angle, stereo and maintenance. I've got a Line-X bedliner currently.

Fullmetal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'd get a full professional detail done where they go over every part of the truck and make it look new again, engine bay, underneath and all. You'd have plenty left over for the back up cam.

opie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Id buy a quad.

Ive learned over the years if I have to think about, or come up with something to spend money on, I shouldn't be doing it.

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
If you have any trouble spending it all, I'm getting married in October and I would like some truck goodies as a wedding gift! Tuner, exhaust, headers, DVD player, Wheels, Tires, etc etc etc!:peace:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neuropathysux