Lift or level or a little of both?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Busyphil365

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Alrite guys I have a couple of questions I need answered please. My name is Phillip by the way. I've got a 2015 ram big horn 4 door 4x4. Currently it's on stock 20s with 35-12.50-20s with stock suspension.. I do have a little bit of rub on the sway bar at full turn but it's not unbearable.. also I use the truck for work so my tool box, tools and all that kind of stuff is in my truck 100% of the time. Plus I gave a ladder rack that I use for ladders obviously but also for carrying lumber a lot of lumber at times.. pressure treated 2x12x16 which are heavy to say the least.. also plywood pressure treated 6x6x16s etc.. I have been having issues even with out weight other than my tools with side to side roll/sway at any speeds over about 50mph which is made worse exponentially with any increase to weight added to where the truck is unsafe and undrivable above about 40mph.. I am trying to resolve this issue and lift the truck at the same time. I am thinking about doing a 4 inch lift with the RC loaded struts for the front and doing Rc shocks in the rear in addition to a set of heavy duty coil spring in the rear that is 2" taller and a progressive rate spring meant for higher load compacity.. with this set up will I need to change the uca's in the front and or anything in the rear? Also planning on doing another set of wheels that are 22x12 with -44 offset and 35/12.5/22 agressive mud terrain tires...

I'm running 35s now with a little rub on the swaybar but that's all. With the 4 inch lift and offset I should be able to eliminate the sway bar rub I believe I'm just wondering if I'm missing anything or if I should check anything else or anything like that.. thanks for the help I greatly appreciate it.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Alrite guys I have a couple of questions I need answered please. My name is Phillip by the way. I've got a 2015 ram big horn 4 door 4x4. Currently it's on stock 20s with 35-12.50-20s with stock suspension.. I do have a little bit of rub on the sway bar at full turn but it's not unbearable.. also I use the truck for work so my tool box, tools and all that kind of stuff is in my truck 100% of the time. Plus I gave a ladder rack that I use for ladders obviously but also for carrying lumber a lot of lumber at times.. pressure treated 2x12x16 which are heavy to say the least.. also plywood pressure treated 6x6x16s etc.. I have been having issues even with out weight other than my tools with side to side roll/sway at any speeds over about 50mph which is made worse exponentially with any increase to weight added to where the truck is unsafe and undrivable above about 40mph.. I am trying to resolve this issue and lift the truck at the same time. I am thinking about doing a 4 inch lift with the RC loaded struts for the front and doing Rc shocks in the rear in addition to a set of heavy duty coil spring in the rear that is 2" taller and a progressive rate spring meant for higher load compacity.. with this set up will I need to change the uca's in the front and or anything in the rear? Also planning on doing another set of wheels that are 22x12 with -44 offset and 35/12.5/22 agressive mud terrain tires...

I'm running 35s now with a little rub on the swaybar but that's all. With the 4 inch lift and offset I should be able to eliminate the sway bar rub I believe I'm just wondering if I'm missing anything or if I should check anything else or anything like that.. thanks for the help I greatly appreciate it.
First off rough country and looking for a fix are never in the same sentence. Your truck is a work truck so it’s also your money maker. Don’t put anything rough country on it. (Rough Country is an advertisement company, that’s why you see their stuff everywhere)
You need extra weight handling air bags are going to be your answer. Since it’s fairly often I would install an on board compressor. Lifting your truck will look really cool but I can tell you that you will hate your life climbing in and out. Trying to reach your ladder etc. A clean leveling kit to beef up the suspension sounds like it would fit you the best.

bushyrem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A Helwig rear sway bar should make quite a difference in how the truck handles. 2011 1500 Bighorn 4x4 with popup camper, approximately 1100#s. The sway bar made a world of difference. Traded for a 2019 Classic 1500 4x4 and did the same for it.