Lifted with stock wheels.... post em here!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lifted2wd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
are you running spacers? I have a finder's width from uca to tire now, I can't imagine putting more tire on and not needing something on a stock rim.

I'm running 37s as well on a 4" lift w stock wheels. No clearance issues. No spacers

Lifted2wd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So you have 4.5 inches of lift roughy running 37's on stock 20's with no spacer? How much did you have to cut to fit those in there before they stopped rubbing?

A 37 will fit with no rubbing issues on a 4" lift with stock wheels. And that involves no trimming or cutting

Nickbris

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So you have 4.5 inches of lift roughy running 37's on stock 20's with no spacer? How much did you have to cut to fit those in there before they stopped rubbing?
No trimming dont at all and rubs inner fender liner slightly but not bad wnough for me to worry about it

Nickbris

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
are you running spacers? I have a finder's width from uca to tire now, I can't imagine putting more tire on and not needing something on a stock rim.
No spacers. I can barely fit my finger between tire and uca. But shouldnt have any issues with it

Outdoors76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
nice truck jrod

i have same setup with RC uca's
thinking about adding the zone 1.5" bl

not sure yet..

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Nice truck....... did you re do your UCAs?

Thanks, I replaced the UCA's with Mevotech, not because I had to but because I wanted to. Beware though, if the dealer ever has to pop your ball joints they may rip the rubber boot. The dealer uses a custom tool to pull OEM ball joints apart in an effort to protect the rubber. The tool won't fit over Mevotech ball joints because the bolt is longer than OEM. I know first hand because they replaced one of my axles. They showed me how the tool would not fit over the ball joint. Fortunately they asked me if I wanted to pull the joint apart myself. It took me about 30 seconds to pop it with a hammer. For the record I did not bang on the ball joint itself nor the UCA. It's the same method I used to pull my factory UCA's when I replaced them. The ball joint pops out clean with no damage. The service department didn't want to use a hammer on my truck, so their only other option would have been to directly pry on the ball joint. Regardless, it all worked out and I love my setup.

The new UCA's did not create any issues with the axle. I simply developed a leak in the rubber boot covering the CV joint, and it began to fling grease everywhere. So instead of just replacing the rubber boot the dealer replaced the entire axle.

Last edited:

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
nice truck jrod

i have same setup with RC uca's
thinking about adding the zone 1.5" bl

not sure yet..

I love how mine came out. It leaves a nice 1" rake vs the factory 3" rake. Plus it keeps the truck level if you load the rear.

Last edited:

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is mine with levelling +1 1/2" zone body lift. Don't like these factory wheels so getting new ones on Thursday

Your truck looks tall, you getting bigger tires too?

darren Toth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your truck looks tall, you getting bigger tires too?
Not much bigger, currently have 285/60/20 (33.5×11.5).Going with 295/70/18 ( 34×11.5) I prefer having more gap between the tire and the fender as opposed to big tires stuffed in the wheel well, to me it makes the truck look higher although it actually isn't. Going from 20" wheels to 18" because I like a little more tire to wheel ratio (taller sidewall) and it makes for a bit better ride. Also going a bit more of negative offset. Everyone has their own preferences so it's kind of each to their own when it comes to customizing

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like 18’s, I almost went that size myself, I just couldn’t find one I liked that came in the width and offset I needed at the time

Outdoors76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is mine with levelling +1 1/2" zone body lift. Don't like these factory wheels so getting new ones on Thursday

View attachment 127106

see this is what i been looking for. tires definitely do not look too small!
i was worried 1.5" bl on top of bils @2.8 and 1.5" rear spacer would make tires look too small.
lookung around it seems it would look same as a 2500 really

thanks for the pic & info