Lifting my 2007 Reg Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemiram07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know I know, there are a bunch of 4 vs 6in threads on here already. But a lot of them are outdated, and the photos don't load anymore. So here we go.

I have 2007 5.7 Hemi Reg Cab 4WD at stock height. I currently have 20in wheels and 31in tires, going to keep the rims and do 35s. This is my daily driver, and I'm not worried about fitting in a garage or parking deck. I am really having trouble with choosing between the 4in and 6in. I basically have three things holding me up with choosing between the two lifts

1)How much higher will my truck actually be with a 4in and with a 6in.
2) How much extra wear and tear will I get with the 6in lift as opposed to a 4in?I really want to make my truck last as long as possible without having to put much extra wear and tear on it.
3) Will I need to regear for either of these lifts? I'm currently at a 3.92 (I think)

TIA, I appreciate anyone's opinions and input.

Tech0515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know I know, there are a bunch of 4 vs 6in threads on here already. But a lot of them are outdated, and the photos don't load anymore. So here we go.

I have 2007 5.7 Hemi Reg Cab 4WD at stock height. I currently have 20in wheels and 31in tires, going to keep the rims and do 35s. This is my daily driver, and I'm not worried about fitting in a garage or parking deck. I am really having trouble with choosing between the 4in and 6in. I basically have three things holding me up with choosing between the two lifts

1)How much higher will my truck actually be with a 4in and with a 6in.
2) How much extra wear and tear will I get with the 6in lift as opposed to a 4in?I really want to make my truck last as long as possible without having to put much extra wear and tear on it.
3) Will I need to regear for either of these lifts? I'm currently at a 3.92 (I think)

TIA, I appreciate anyone's opinions and input.

1. I'm sure there will be plenty of comments on this one. In my experience, you get close to the lift of the kit you buy. Exception being leveling kits.
2. Any lift will put more stress on your components. Personally, I would go with the bigger one if that is what you want, otherwise you most likely want to go bigger later. After lifting, take a look at your angles and that will tell you what to replace what you can wait on. UCAs are usually needed at 6+ inches. Front/rear shocks will be needed or you will top/bottom out and it will ride like crap and possible hop on bumps.
3. Regearing in my opinion is not necessarily needed but will give you back the power you lost from the bigger wheels and heavier tires.
4. Another thing to consider is offset and width of tires if you go with a 4 inch. Too wide / too much offset and you'll rub. I have 35s (ish) (325/65/18) with 4 inches and still rub close to full lock with some trimming.

Scrappy_ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lifted my 07 hemi 4x4 6 suspension and 3 body not a single regretted. Rear isn’t done in the picture I’ll get one tomorrow if I remember Tire is a 275/70 (33.2x10.8) putting 35’s on when the snow goes away.

Attachments

• 8EC52EA3-EE63-4F79-A9EC-52E30C5CB86E.jpeg
    8EC52EA3-EE63-4F79-A9EC-52E30C5CB86E.jpeg
    145.5 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956