Light sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deltronix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I tried covering the day/night sensor on the dash, so the lights would stay on all the time when in auto mode, well no matter how covered it is (the sensor)it will not kick the lights on. The sensor itself is fine, with nothing covering it, the lights come on at dusk and go out at dawn. So am I missing something? Is there another sensor involved with the auto lights? Hope this all makes sense. Thanks

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I just have my Headlight switch set to auto
On my 2009 Ram i covered the dome with piece of carpet
With the 2016, i have a wide mouth bottle cap over the dome

I don't recall having to change any settings in the radios Menu settings

OP
OP
D

Deltronix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I even tried the bottlecap! No luck, I really don't understand what's going on, I have literally tried everything to make sure it's completely covered. Thank you for your reply though!

OP
OP
D

Deltronix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well it now gets better, I popped the cover, removed the sensor, pulled into my garage and the lights came on, with the sensor literally removed. Now I am really effing confused. It's a 2014 1500 laramie.. Any thoughts?