Line output connection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just curious where the preferred place to tap into for a line out converter input signal. I've got the 8.4a with standard 6 speaker system.

Thanks

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
behind the radio, but you will have to put resistors inline for it to work.

search around on here the resistance values have been talked about many times

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just to add some input - resistance isn't needed if just tagging the lines for a subwoofer. Only when cutting the lines to add in an amp for the door speakers.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^ good point forgot to say that

jrowles91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Just to confirm... behind the head unit, tapping into speaker +/- correct??

OP
OP
Damion

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I ended up tapping into the rear speaker wires in the drivers and passengers door thresholds. Seems to be working great

MetalHead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ended up tapping into the rear speaker wires in the drivers and passengers door thresholds. Seems to be working great
So do you have to tap into both the left and right speaker to install the LOC? Not trying to hijack thread, but i'll be installing a sub and amp for the first time soon and the LOC is the only thing I'm still unsure about

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So do you have to tap into both the left and right speaker to install the LOC? Not trying to hijack thread, but i'll be installing a sub and amp for the first time soon and the LOC is the only thing I'm still unsure about

technically you should, is it required no. i have used just the left or just the right signal for a sub amp before.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
x2... but I still prefer to do it behind the radio and at the point you might as well do left and right That way if you ever go to upgrade the radio, you already have your RCAs back there.

OP
OP
Damion

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Doing only one side could result in your amp having less power. ( bridging a 2ch amp requires both left and right inputs. )

I'm not going to change my head unit so grabbing my signal from the door jambs was easiest and I had to have them apart anyway.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Doing only one side could result in your amp having less power. ( bridging a 2ch amp requires both left and right inputs. )

I'm not going to change my head unit so grabbing my signal from the door jambs was easiest and I had to have them apart anyway.

not really if you hook both inputs from the LOC to the speaker line. now if you only did 1 input then this is true.

OP
OP
Damion

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
not really if you hook both inputs from the LOC to the speaker line. now if you only did 1 input then this is true.

Unless there is no sound output on the one side that was used. Some songs have a balance bass. Not many but I've seen a couple

marco07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What side and what door do you happen to remember the wire color

OP
OP
Damion

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What side and what door do you happen to remember the wire color

The drivers door threshold was
GREY/LIGHT GREEN +
GREY/DK GREEN -

Pass door threshold was
DK GREEN / LIGHT GREEN +
DK GREEN / GREY -

These are for the standard 6 speaker system. Not sure if the alpine system is the same wire colours. Also the pairs of wires are twisted together in the harness ( helps with noise cancellation)

BadHabit2Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
When I added my AudioControl LCQ-1, I cut the wires behind the 8.4a HU and ran it to the LOC. I did not have to use resistors to get a signal.....very odd.

kissimmeetiger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I added my AudioControl LCQ-1, I cut the wires behind the 8.4a HU and ran it to the LOC. I did not have to use resistors to get a signal.....very odd.

Do you believe the LC7i would have the same success without resistors?

Thanks,

Tom