Local dealer ticked me off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First off your Dealer was being somewhat of a d#ck, but secondly and most importantly if you had bought it from them they prolly would have handled it for free since it was a “minor” repair, so far a “crack” in the tread sounds like some dry rot to me so keep an eye on it.

Just because you had one minor disappointment with them doesn’t mean they’ll treat you like garbage or not want to warranty any other work if you bring them your truck in the future. Remember these Dealerships are in competition (it’s their livelihood) and most are on commission for your business and that goes to say that they want some customer Loyalty and I know you’ll hear they have to do warranty work etc.... but that don’t mean they gotta be nice to you or not upset your feelings. (wouldn’t want that)

Be a gentleman, a man’s man if you have to go back talk to them about needing a trusted Dealership yada, yada, yada get to know them for parts, service etc and yes Karen (LOL) quit taking **** personally a freakin nail in a tire ain’t no big deal. Why didn’t you go to a local tire shop or god forbid have a tire repair kit in your truck?

CaptOchs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I once had a Chevy dealer tell me "he was told 'the customer is always right, even if they are wrong.'" I asked him "did they also teach you that you shouldn't tell a customer that to his face?" I haven't been back to that dealer. They listed the wrong radio for the car online. Didn't find out it had a more basic radio until after I bought it.

I hate car dealers. In more recent times, I had trouble truck shopping. There were plenty of salesman that didn't know what they were talking about. Some had no way of knowing the tow capacity for that vehicle. Others claimed it had a heavy-duty tow package because it had a trailer hitch. I was shopping for an Expedition, and grew too frustrated. I must have seen a dozen. I saw 3 RAMs and bought the third one. The first one was an Outdoorsman. It had the RAM box. Just when I was really getting interested I saw it had 4 snow tires on it (in June.) I pointed it out to the salesman and he played like he had no clue. It can't be on the road with snow tires in summer legally, so they would need to provide new tires. It was probably $2k higher than other trucks on my list of similar age/mileage. They dropped the price $1k and offered to replace the tires with 4 used (but still legal) tires from service. I told him we're too far apart in price and walked out. Just when I was going to give up I found my Big Horn 45 minutes away. It was owned by some old guy that had all the service records since new at the same dealer. It was in immaculate shape for the price range I was shopping for.

tom martley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
So a week ago I found a used 2019 truck I love at a dealer 250 miles away, great price and more packages versus what I was able to find locally. Local trucks were all base tradesmen and base bighorns new or few miles for similar price.

I noticed a leak in my front tire on Friday. Upon inspection I found a nail ~1.5 inches from the edge. I also found a crack in the rubber about 1 inch long 180 degrees from the nail. I was concerned the tread was separating. I brought it to the lander's here in little rock to ask about warranty.

The service manager looks it over aver and say there's no warranty. Then looked the truck over, noticed a lack of dealer badge (removed), and asked if I "bought the truck from them?"
I said no it was in Oklahoma, his face and demeanor changed. Immediately it was your going to need a new tire and quoted me $340 for a new Firestone at....

I got in my truck and talked to my local tire guy, he calmed my concern on the crack, and said it would be an easy fix for the nail....plenty of distance from the sidewall.

Am I being a Karen here, or am I rightfully pissed about the service manager and his reaction to the truck not coming off his lot/ apparent lack of wanting to help?

tom martley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Tires are guaranteed by the tire companies, not the dealer. There was or should be warranty papers for tire brand that came with truck. Not sure transfers to second buyer but should.

Groo

Reaction score
Ram Year
shopping
Engine
shopping
OP could have saved some hassle and angst by being a little circumspect and saying "I bought it used from some guy. I don't know where it was originally purchased from." You are just so but-hurt about how the service advisor told you the way things are that its the end of the world. You are failing to realize you needlessly "slapped him in the face" first.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tigger54