LOKAR DIPSTICK? FOR HEADERS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
anyone got a picture of where they are attaching the 24 in lokar dipstick when they install long tube headers. got one on order. also I seen someone had put a clamp around the base of the dipstick, is this really necassary?

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I know a couple guys have bolted it to brake booster... not sure if the 24'' reaches that or not or could go off of a coil pack bolt

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
The 24" one will reach to the brake booster,i don't think it'll reach to a convenient to get at coil pack bolt though.I used a tweaked rubber insulated clamp on the bottom,but I don't think it's absolutely nessecary.Mines a custom one though and is 31" long so it has a little more movement at the bottom then the 24" version should have.

OP
OP
88ROOK

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
anyone had a problem with the dipstick leaking, seems as though i have an oil leak after the header install and thats the only place it could come from. maybe not sealed correctly, not sure. cold as hell out right now and ive got oil spots on the driveway and can see dripping oil underneath

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
anyone had a problem with the dipstick leaking, seems as though i have an oil leak after the header install and thats the only place it could come from. maybe not sealed correctly, not sure. cold as hell out right now and ive got oil spots on the driveway and can see dripping oil underneath

I haven't heard of anybody else yelling about their Lokar leaking,but that's not to say there isn't a chance it could leak.Mine has never leaked and I've had it in and out a couple times now.Once it warms up,maybe pull it out and look the end over that goes in the block for any nicks/scratches or a tore up O-ring

OP
OP
88ROOK

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I haven't heard of anybody else yelling about their Lokar leaking,but that's not to say there isn't a chance it could leak.Mine has never leaked and I've had it in and out a couple times now.Once it warms up,maybe pull it out and look the end over that goes in the block for any nicks/scratches or a tore up O-ring

I took it back in, they said they had a ***** of a time even getting the thing in, plus they had black silicon around it cause they said they didnt feel like it was going to seal right. I had a bunch of oil up under there from blow out of crank case pressure. the suggested putting the stock one back in. whatever just dont make it leak. wasted 115 bucks so looks like it'll be for sale in a couple days

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I took it back in, they said they had a ***** of a time even getting the thing in, plus they had black silicon around it cause they said they didnt feel like it was going to seal right. I had a bunch of oil up under there from blow out of crank case pressure. the suggested putting the stock one back in. whatever just dont make it leak. wasted 115 bucks so looks like it'll be for sale in a couple days

Sounds like you might of had one a little out of spec then,as mine goes in and out with no issues.Maybe the block hole is slightly undersized and the dipstick might be slightly over sized,combining both would sure give issues.

OP
OP
88ROOK

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like you might of had one a little out of spec then,as mine goes in and out with no issues.Maybe the block hole is slightly undersized and the dipstick might be slightly over sized,combining both would sure give issues.

kinda weird, i double checked on the product number and its right, but when they took the dipstick out compared to the OEM, I was like no way that thing can get a correct oil measurement. the dipstick doesnt even look like it goes down in the pan past the block very far, now the OEM one goes down pretty far. something is odd or wrong here, maybe summit will take it back

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
kinda weird, i double checked on the product number and its right, but when they took the dipstick out compared to the OEM, I was like no way that thing can get a correct oil measurement. the dipstick doesnt even look like it goes down in the pan past the block very far, now the OEM one goes down pretty far. something is odd or wrong here, maybe summit will take it back

Can you post a pic of it when you get it back? I think the part number on it should be something like ED5015-24 if I remember right.

OP
OP
88ROOK

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can you post a pic of it when you get it back? I think the part number on it should be something like ED5015-24 if I remember right.

wont be til tomorrow, but yes that is part number i got...take that back i ordered but what they sent me could be another story

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
wont be til tomorrow, but yes that is part number i got...take that back i ordered but what they sent me could be another story

There's a few pic's of them floating around,but i'd compare it to what you can find for pic's just to see if they did send you the correct one.Mistakes are made daily,just sucks if you end up being the reciepent of a mistake.Here's one pic that you can use for comparision purposes,especially if you zoom in on the block end of the dipstick.

https://www.amazon.com/Lokar-ED-5015-Flexible-Dipstick-Chrysler/dp/B003JBCKLO

yourfloormat

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 TRX4
Engine
Im very confused. I looked up the link you sent and it is written all over the page that it does not fit a 5.7 HEMI. I need a new tube and all for a 5.7 myself with short headers installed and am having a really difficult time finding something. Any help be greatly appreciated.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Im very confused. I looked up the link you sent and it is written all over the page that it does not fit a 5.7 HEMI. I need a new tube and all for a 5.7 myself with short headers installed and am having a really difficult time finding something. Any help be greatly appreciated.

Who are you talking to? If it's me hunt up Lokars phone number and phone them,and order a ED 5015-24 direct from them.Tell them it's for a 2014 Challenger with a custom turbo set-up,"DO NOT" tell them it's for a truck,as they'll automatically tell you it won't fit

OP
OP
88ROOK

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have one ill sell you cheap, just need an new o-ring lmk