Look what just came in! To be cont. ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

012RAMbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My wife sent me a picture this morning... the 4.5'' Pro Comp rear lift came in! I ordered the optional Bilstein shocks with the kit also. I am Offshore right now, coming home Wednesday afternoon and will check everything out. I also ordered a Daystar 2'' coil spacer for the front. It should leave me with 1'' rake for when I pull trailers or load the bed down. (Also pictured is my wife's curious cat, Mr. Meowgi)

I ordered tires and wheels from Andrew at Bully's Performance. Great guy and great deals there. I ordered my AMP steps from him several months ago and had a great experience. The tires and wheels should hopefully be here sometime this week. I went with 35x12.50r20 Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 tires, and 20x9 +1mm Black Fuel Mavericks. I also ordered some BORA 1.75" wheel adapters. It will probably take a couple weeks to get those in. I went with 1.75" because I didn't want to cut my stock studs, and these SHOULD clear them. And with the CST spindles pushing the front tires out just over 1.5'' in the front, it shouldn't be too noticeable being just a hair wider in the back. I will have some good solid measurements and info once those arrive.

Here is a pic of my truck as it sits now. CST 4'' in the front, and 1.5'' spacers out back.

DSCF4180_zps5e401a6b.jpg

I have been researching just about everything I could about this setup for several months now, waiting to get the cash for it all. Thanks for all the threads and info from all of you guys, hopefully this one will help out some guys in the future as well... I found this pic on the net the other day, my wife didn't think it was too funny...but I did haha

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Subscribed for this build! Gonna look sick bro!

OP
OP
012RAMbo

012RAMbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Update: Got all of the lift parts in. The Daystar 2'' front coil spacers and Pro Comp rear lift. I am going to see how the stock coil insulator looks fitment wise when I get everything apart. May follow Bullram's advice and re-use it to get just a little more lift up front. They didn't send any directions with the spacers, but I have done a few on other trucks and shouldn't be too bad. Holy crap there are a lot more bolts and hardware for this rear lift kit than I thought! Me and a buddy are going to start the install Saturday morning. Still waiting on the tires and wheels, hopefully they will be in by this weekend or early next week. That will give me enough time to get an alignment before the new tires go on.

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
NICEEE! Can't wait man. I might order the same setup this weekend and maybeee install next weekend!

I'll prob install the isolator on top of the spacer too depending on how it works out for you, maybe even the bottom depending on fitment.

Cant wait for updates and pictures!

OP
OP
012RAMbo

012RAMbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yea I'm ready! I will get some pictures up when its on. I have a wedding to go to later Saturday afternoon, so hoping I don't run into any snags. I can tell the back is going to take a few hours at least. I will keep you posted on it.

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
Truck looks awesome already!! Cant wait to see it when your done!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Can't wait to see it, I like those rims I was looking at the chrome in those today.

Sladerade

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You will love the rims! I have the same ones but with the machined spokes

Wait a second... I'm posting from an iPhone?

OP
OP
012RAMbo

012RAMbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Truck looks awesome already!! Cant wait to see it when your done!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!

Thanks bud! I'm ready to see it done too!! You geared up for Mardi Gras down there!? I bet it is crazy down there right now.

OP
OP
012RAMbo

012RAMbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Starting the install this morning, hopefully won't take too long. Still waiting on tires and wheels. I like the machined face too sladerade. Bet it looks good on ur truck. I was afraid all the silver wouldn't look good against white. But I like black / white theme, that was my plan when I bought the truck over a year ago lol

Before measurements:
Front: 39 7/8"
Rear: 39 3/4"

Last edited:

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
This should look awesome. Great meme, I tell my wife that all the time, lol.

OP
OP
012RAMbo

012RAMbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, got her all finished up a little earlier. But I had to rush to get to a wedding. I will put up some pics and measurements tomorrow. The front went pretty good, took about an hour and a half. Re used the stock coil isolator on the top of the spacer. Fit on perfectly there. The rear...holy cow. It took about 5 hours. It was a pain, about half the bolts took some serious coaxing to get in place. Even had to drill a few out to get in. Will get u guys some pics tomorrow.

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, got her all finished up a little earlier. But I had to rush to get to a wedding. I will put up some pics and measurements tomorrow. The front went pretty good, took about an hour and a half. Re used the stock coil isolator on the top of the spacer. Fit on perfectly there. The rear...holy cow. It took about 5 hours. It was a pain, about half the bolts took some serious coaxing to get in place. Even had to drill a few out to get in. Will get u guys some pics tomorrow.

NICE!
Good to hear about the isolator fitting nicely inside the spacer.
Interesting about the rear. Makes me kinda nervous about doing the install alone next weekend :/ Any tips you would recommend not listed in the instructions? I've read those instructions over 10x making sure I understand the install lol seems pretty straightforward but still not too comfortable until I get under there and actual do it lol

Bully's Performance

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Gonna look pretty good! Can not wait to see it either:), if anyone else is looking to do this setup we work with ProComp every day and can get this same set up to you at a hell of a discount, for quotes feel free to PM us, post in our vendor section here on the forums, email us at [email protected] or call us toll free at 855-432-FAST.

Thanks
Jeremiah

OP
OP
012RAMbo

012RAMbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
NICE!
Good to hear about the isolator fitting nicely inside the spacer.
Interesting about the rear. Makes me kinda nervous about doing the install alone next weekend :/ Any tips you would recommend not listed in the instructions? I've read those instructions over 10x making sure I understand the install lol seems pretty straightforward but still not too comfortable until I get under there and actual do it lol

Hey bud. Yea, I put the spacer on the coil and the isolator right on top of the spacer. It slides right down on it and fits great. It was a little tough getting the spring back in, but doable. I could image how much tougher a 3'' spacer would be to get in there. I'm not going to sugar coat the rear man, it was a pain. I suggest you get a buddy that owes you a favor and get an extra set of hands in there. There were a lot of bolts I was in a weird spot and the other guy had to hold back up. Also when lining the shocks and control arms back up for re assembly, I needed him to handle the jack while I lined bolt holes up. The passenger side control arm drop bracket did not line up perfect. I had to drill out the hole on the bracket where the top/shorter control mounted to it. It was about halfway in the hole from lining up and would not budge. I also recommend taking out the rear fender liner completely. Only takes 5-10 minutes to take them out and put them back in. Makes taking the shock bolts off much easier and gives you more room in general. It comes with a special wrench for the upper shock bolts, just put it on the backside and loosen the outside bolt until the wrench binds itself on the backside. I also had to take off the emergency brake line bracket due to it being pretty tight when lowering the rear axle to get everything in.