Looking for purchasing help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jameshill84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am in northeast Ohio. Looking to buy a 2020 ram 1500 limited. I am looking for any advice as far dealers who offer the best prices or experience or sales people I should seek out. I like the truck but the first couple of trips to the dealer were a little shady.
Thank you

Neil E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any Ram dealer should be able to give you a good deal. I know a lot of people purchase from Kernersville Dodge in NC. I bought mine there, but I only live 120 miles from there. But I know they ship them. Good luck, I think if you wait, you might get a better deal, but there's no guarantee. Right now is a good time to buy.

But used car prices are going to get worse, so if you're trading in, that could be impacted.

Good luck.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
For now it's all speculation. Some say to wait for the better deals, some say buy now because there will soon be a shortage of trucks since they aren't currently making them. No one knows for sure. My opinion is, if you find the right truck for the right price (and you're in need of a new truck), then buy now. Otherwise, wait until that's the case. Most dealerships can give you a good deal. Some are better to work with than others. My local dealership is great to work with, but they can't sell anything to new buyers right now.

Moe S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I've been watching one truck I want to purchase hoping it will last closer to Memorial Day. Anyway, the price on the truck jumped $5000 from yesterday to today. I don't know if an incentive expired, but I filled out a "get today's best price" form on the site just to ask them why it jumped 5k. But I agree with you, I hate going to dealers. They are shady. They have nothing to lose by being that way because so many people fall for their pitch. That's why so many people refuse to go to dealer until they make some kind of deal online. My problem is I have a trade-in. I feel if I finally get the price I want, they will lowball my trade.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I've been watching one truck I want to purchase hoping it will last closer to Memorial Day. Anyway, the price on the truck jumped $5000 from yesterday to today. I don't know if an incentive expired, but I filled out a "get today's best price" form on the site just to ask them why it jumped 5k. But I agree with you, I hate going to dealers. They are shady. They have nothing to lose by being that way because so many people fall for their pitch. That's why so many people refuse to go to dealer until they make some kind of deal online. My problem is I have a trade-in. I feel if I finally get the price I want, they will lowball my trade.
start at 20% off sticker...and do no less than 15% ....you can wait, but like Mike mentioned, your picking may get smaller. Know their internet price, or one similar, even if its in a nearby state.

For example, I bought my white Classic, was like stickered at $44,800...walked up and offered $30k out the door....course that was no...ended up $33k out the door, dealer fee's etc.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
I paid 42K for a 2500 6.4L.
Do you think a 1500 is worth 18K more?

Wait for 2 months ... the salesman will suck your *** to sell you the truck.

Yes and probably no... the question is would you let him.

The used market is taking it in the shorts now and it’s going to get worse. Lease returns, rental fleet sales and your usual stream of trade-ins keep the used market stocked. Add to it unprecedented repossessions adding a flood of late model low mileage units to an already saturated market creates the perfect storm for would be buyers looking to trade out of a vehicle they owe money on or worse are upside down on.

SOME DEALERS IN THE DFW AREA ARE REFUSING YOUR TRADE. Many dealers I do business with are making better deals on used vehicles. If they do take your trade it’s because it’s unique or they’re ****** you on the trade in value knowing they can turn a profit.

The best time to buy a new vehicle, any vehicle, is NOW. Not now because of rebates or dealer cash, but because you might be stuck with your vehicle as no one will buy it from you.

With that said, the Heavy Duty trucks are selling and selling well with supply running low due to factory and supplier shutdowns. Discounts, you won’t get no stinking discounts above 15% on an Heavy Duty. Light duty is looking somewhere between 13 - 18% depending on trim level.

I bought my 2020 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 Tradesman with the Off-road and SnowChief packages for $41k out the door which MSRP’d for $48k. Prices are going to hover near MSRP as time goes on and supply dwindles down.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Sandevino, post: 2272772, member: 96923"Prices are going to hover near MSRP as time goes on and supply dwindles down.[/QUOTE]

yea, no.

MFG and dealers don't know what the market will be.

used will be flooding the market.

buyers will be waiting

remember cash for clunkers?

wait for the great deals.

MAGA!

Leslie Banks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi eTorque
I called the dealer a few days ago to talk about this truck
https://www.columbianachryslerjeepdodge.net/new-Columbiana-2020-RAM-1500-Limited-1C6SRFHT2LN136077
Sticker 70K, sale price 60K.
Didnt budge on the price, also no zero percent.
Is this the best Im going to do? Do the deals really get better if I wait?

I recently bought a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited and sticker was $61k and I walked out the door at $43k. If they won't come down more then you should walk and look somewhere else.

20200421_103340-cropped.jpg

2019_RPX_LTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
I called the dealer a few days ago to talk about this truck
https://www.columbianachryslerjeepdodge.net/new-Columbiana-2020-RAM-1500-Limited-1C6SRFHT2LN136077
Sticker 70K, sale price 60K.
Didnt budge on the price, also no zero percent.
Is this the best Im going to do? Do the deals really get better if I wait?

That's almost exactly the same model/options that i just bought, except that mine is a new 2019 Limited with black interior and 20" wheels (no cover, no Rambox). I got it for ~18% off MSRP (North Dakota).

According to Consumer Reports, in your zip code, an excellent deal on the truck you're looking at would be 12%-14% off MSRP. So that dealership is a little high vs the average "excellent deal" price range. I'd think you should be able to get at least another $1000 - $1500 off and be satisfied that you got a good deal. Good luck!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat