Looking into a better stereo system.. need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JRussTX

JRussTX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
The the big three (Kenwood, Pioneer, Alpine) head units all have multiple models that can work with the iDataLink Maestro RR to keep all the onscreen vehicle functions. So at least that part is easily solved.

As for the rest, I’m personally partial to the Kenwood 9905S (or the newer version that is supposedly out soon). Do you have a budget in mind?

Hi, sorry.. been a rough week or two.

Thanks for the reply. Update: Decided I had enough with the Dodge and am going to get rid of it.. heh

I have loved Dodge in the past, but one too many issues. Will post about it in a new thread as it is not really about this, but wanted to say thanks.

Russ

OP
OP
JRussTX

JRussTX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I am unable to log into the site. If I go to the reply link, it clicks through and is cached, but if I want to make a new thread, or if I go to the base forum, it tells me there was an error and cannot log in. Not sure why. I am logged in NOW.. as a reply.. and it even let me reset my password, although it errors out when I apply it, but sent me an email confirmation that it was reset.

Anyway, my truck has been with the dodge place a week, tomorrow.....again. I bought the truck a year ago next month, with heated seats. They had to add them after the fact, but as far as "I" knew, it was simply "they were not installed, we can install them, no problem."

I went to pick the truck up after the week it took them to get it back to me and the truck had an extra 100-150 miles on it. I asked wth, they took it out of town to have them installed. I did not think anything of that, just annoyed they seemed to think that was "normal"... and it worked that day.

Fast forward to this "winter" and it seemed like the seats were not warming... I took it in last Thursday.." and on monday evening, I call and ask where it is... they tell me I do not have heated seats installed.. I am like "wth? the button is on the lower part of the seat.." .. reply, "Oh, you have after market heated seats. You just need to take it to the people that installed it..."

Uh.. "you" did..and who the hell paid for "after market"? I asked to have heated seats, not "after market heated seats" that would not be covered by the warranty..."

So asked them to call me back.. nothing...

Called again today.. they had no answer.. emailed the sales manager.. no answer either...

So... the truck also stalled.. or.. flat out "turned off" while I was driving, like 6-7 times last year. They had it for a week and a half.. did not find evidence of it...but did something with the "firmware"... well, did it again this month. Luckily, I was not moving too fast each time, but was in traffic twice and almost ran over a mcdonalds sign the last time... cannot DO anything when it stalls till it stops.

nothing from them.

So, taking a 5k hit, but trading it in. Tired of surprises and a lack of concern from the dealership.

R

rdvm1972

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I completed the linkswell Gen 2 install about a week ago. It’s an amazing piece of technology and looks factory. I love the look and fitment. The features are amazing. The screen would be better if there was less glare during bright daylight, but I also have not tinted my windows yet. I will be doing the tint this week. I think that will make the glare less noticeable.

4BC35949-B8A8-4641-A6EF-E2A6482B438A.jpeg

E3F7D680-CC9E-4425-9D18-F381D2225F23.jpeg

36F21E86-CFFB-4C7B-B79F-9CC96EF8EC4B.jpeg

AF11580D-FE81-40B0-BF1F-60815073FBE2.jpeg

7CEB9F13-F25D-4596-98D9-0A5C52AB9E2D.jpeg