Loosing power?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eirik Larsen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey all got a question for ya. I have a 2017 5.7 Hemi ram that I love. When I first got the truck I was able to smoke the rear wheel (yes she's a one wheel wonder or at least was) by holding the break, revving to 2 grand then burrying the throttle and lifting of the breaks just a touch. But now every time I give it to her she gives the wheels a quarter spin then bogs right down. The service electric throttle message pops up but the truck acts fine during normal driving, and the rear still let's go if I go around the corner. Either way it's not a good look when a 05 civic roasts it's tires off when my truck can barely spin em then limps till I let off the throttle again

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Hey all got a question for ya. I have a 2017 5.7 Hemi ram that I love. When I first got the truck I was able to smoke the rear wheel (yes she's a one wheel wonder or at least was) by holding the break, revving to 2 grand then burrying the throttle and lifting of the breaks just a touch. But now every time I give it to her she gives the wheels a quarter spin then bogs right down. The service electric throttle message pops up but the truck acts fine during normal driving, and the rear still let's go if I go around the corner. Either way it's not a good look when a 05 civic roasts it's tires off when my truck can barely spin em then limps till I let off the throttle again

Clean the throttle body, check the connectors for corrosion.

Sent from my Blue Onyx RAM 1500

Octane

Reaction score
Mine does it too if I apply both pedals at the same time.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
When you say the wheel gets a quarter spin then bogs down, I wonder if something in the torque management or traction control is kicking in.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
When you say the wheel gets a quarter spin then bogs down, I wonder if something in the torque management or traction control is kicking in.

Sounds like traction control..

Sent from my Blue Onyx RAM 1500

OP
OP
E

Eirik Larsen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

While I know you can't turn traction control completely off I do have it off when I'm hooning around

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
While I know you can't turn traction control completely off I do have it off when I'm hooning around

Some guys while off roading will pull the F26 fuse. It's not advisable to drive around as the ABS doesn't work either. Some have wired it to a switch or remote relay.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007