Lost CD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
while driving at night I inadvertantly slid a cd into the slit above the cd player because it was dark and misjudged where the cd opening was. anybody know the proceedure for getting the floor console open/loose enough to fish out something like this.

gennady

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Longhorn
Engine
Not sure if you still need it. I had the same thing happen. I did not have to take anything apart, from the driver side, I used my left hand to reach around the back, near the gas padal, and I felt the CD laying there. I was able to get out out like that, it would help with smaller hands.
Good luck

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wait. They still have CD players?

They use to not have them, it was an option but the 5th gens have them now. Prior Ram owners were sent a survey about many features of the truck a couple of years ago and that was one of the questions. I guess enough answered that they should be standard. I cant even remember the last time I bought a CD. Maybe 2000??

AustinT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
i dropped something underneath my center console and four bolts took the whole thing out. i have the bench seat, so i'm not too sure about a full console. anyway, it's not too hard to do

OP
OP
runamuck

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
i dropped something underneath my center console and four bolts took the whole thing out. i have the bench seat, so i'm not too sure about a full console. anyway, it's not too hard to do

I was able to get mine removed by taking out 6 small bolts. someone posted an assembly diagram. two bolts on each side and 2 bolts up front under small snap-in panels. as for having a cd player I mostly listen to sirius xm but I dont want to always have to pay a service to listen to my faves. some of the stuff I like is hard to find on sirius and I dont like to fumble around with bluetooth from my phone. I can toss a few Bonamassa or Delbert cd's in the console if I want to binge.