Loud interior longhorn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wright4thepow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all. So I recently purchased a 2019 Laramie longhorn. I had a 2013 Laramie for 7 years previously. The only thing that has really struck me about the new gen truck is how much worse the interior noise is. It's not the wind issue that some folks have had. It's just generally louder, especially in the rear while driving. Almost like the doors aren't all the way closed. Except they are. Or like a window isn't closed all the way. It's weird. Not a deal breaker or anything and I don't think anything is defective. I'm just surprised it's louder than the older truck. Almost like the doors are extra hollow or something. Anyone done any sound deading or anything yet? Just curious.

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
Hey all. So I recently purchased a 2019 Laramie longhorn. I had a 2013 Laramie for 7 years previously. The only thing that has really struck me about the new gen truck is how much worse the interior noise is. It's not the wind issue that some folks have had. It's just generally louder, especially in the rear while driving. Almost like the doors aren't all the way closed. Except they are. Or like a window isn't closed all the way. It's weird. Not a deal breaker or anything and I don't think anything is defective. I'm just surprised it's louder than the older truck. Almost like the doors are extra hollow or something. Anyone done any sound deading or anything yet? Just curious.
there is something wrong with your noise canceling system my 2019 sport is very quiet

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I had a 2014 longhorn 3500, again with the diesel and it was really not bad at all. This 22, 2500 crew cab longhorn.... I have now have is, also a diesel equipped version and is so quiet it is unbelievable. You must have something wrong, like a door seal bad or something.

Last edited:

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
My 2022 Hemi Ram is the quietest truck I've ever been in.
Sound Proof my 2014 Ram but doubt I do a thing to this one.