Lower Ball Joint - 2016 Ram 1500 RWD Coil Sus

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Unearthlydust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can anyone help me here? I searched the forums and just like websites, I couldn't get my answer.

I have a 2016 Ram 1500 5.7 RWD w/ coil suspension. I need to replace the lower ball joint. Dealer said I have to change the whole arm. Auto Part stores sell the lower ball joint but there is a trick. It's 4WD or 2WD w/ air suspension. I checked this forum and many people had the same question. But their trucks were 4WD or RWD w/ air. Every part I find online is for 4WD or 2WD w/ air.

On a RWD with normal COIL suspension, can you change the lower ball joint? I found a MOOG lower control arm w Ball Joint for coil. The description said the ball joint was pressed.

I have a press. If I can change it, does anyone know if it's the same ball joint as the Air? I would like to use a MOOG part w/ grease fitting. Again 2016 Ram 1500 RWD Coil Suspension

OP
OP
Unearthlydust

Unearthlydust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will give an update after tomorrow if this works. After a lot of research, it looks like only Auto Zone has a Duralast Gold w/ grease fitting for the Coil Springs. I did compare it to the one they have for RWD w/ Air Sus. and the dimensions were diffrent. If this is the right part, I'll let you know.

As far as the upper ball joint, dealer told me I had to replace the arm. Lol. A Moog is made for that and worked perfect for the upper. We will see how my adventure goes tomorrow with the Duralast.

OP
OP
Unearthlydust

Unearthlydust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Duralast Ball Joint worked perfect. So far it was the only one I could find for coil springs. O'Riley's Auto, Advanced Auto, Amazon, Parts Geek, Rock Auto do not sell the RWD Coil Spring ball joint. The lower control arms are different and the ball joint is different. Auto Zone actually had it.

Attachments

• IMG_20220612_180406.jpg
    IMG_20220612_180406.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 23