Lowered my truck yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MatthewJ74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How does it ride? Any pics showing the stancem

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mino

Mino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It rides awesome, the Viking shocks I set them to autocross so the truck is on rails
I will post a pic and video in a few

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JB1
OP
OP
Mino

Mino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I need help did the alignment this morning
My inner tie rod needs to be replaced
Why is that?
Has anyone run this issue before?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Cut the threads off the outer end of the tierod if you need to adjust the tierods for toe. It's not uncommon to have to shorten the tierods on these trucks with a drop to get the toe to come into spec.We had to cut about a 1/4" off my tierods on my old 13 with a 3" spring drop on the front

OP
OP
Mino

Mino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cut the threads off the outer end of the tierod if you need to adjust the tierods for toe. It's not uncommon to have to shorten the tierods on these trucks with a drop to get the toe to come into spec.We had to cut about a 1/4" off my tierods on my old 13 with a 3" spring drop on the front

Oh wow thank you very much

MatthewJ74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What part number on those shocks?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Alex Hinojosa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How does it ride with those viking shocks? When you say have them set at 10 and 14 do u mean the front set at 10 and rear at 14?

OP
OP
Mino

Mino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How does it ride with those viking shocks? When you say have them set at 10 and 14 do u mean the front set at 10 and rear at 14?

You have two knobs on the shock
Compression and rebound
And it’s like 200 each , but it’s worth every penny my truck is solid and turns on a dime

Last edited:

spdglez78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks good.
I too am surprised with how much wheel well is left on the rear.

OP
OP
Mino

Mino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks good.
I too am surprised with how much wheel well is left on the rear.

It probably it’s Bc the Viking shocks are stiff af, if it had the shocks that came with the kit , it would probably will sit a bit lower

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It probably it’s Bc the Viking shocks are stiff af, if it had the shocks that came with the kit , it would probably will sit a bit lower

Did you cut the rear springs that came with the Inez Hotrods kit? If not that's the reason for the gap. The springs that you got with the kit are a 4" drop spring and has to be cut to accomplish a 6" drop. For every 1 full coil cut will lower 3/4" to 1".
I've found out that the drivers side factory rear spring has a higher spring rate than the passenger springs. The Belltech rear spring rate are identical (driver & passenger)therefore you get tilt towards the drivers side. Due to gas tank and other components on drivers side.
To compensate for this I cut 1 coil more from the passenger side rear spring than the drivers side.
At present I removed the rear springs and trying the 6" lowering timbergrove CRM bags. They take the place of the belltech rear springs, I will start a new thread when I've tried them for a while.

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you cut the rear springs that came with the Inez Hotrods kit? If not that's the reason for the gap. The springs that you got with the kit are a 4" drop spring and has to be cut to accomplish a 6" drop. For every 1 full coil cut will lower 3/4" to 1".
I've found out that the drivers side factory rear spring has a higher spring rate than the passenger springs. The Belltech rear spring rate are identical (driver & passenger)therefore you get tilt towards the drivers side. Due to gas tank and other components on drivers side.
To compensate for this I cut 1 coil more from the passenger side rear spring than the drivers side.
At present I removed the rear springs and trying the 6" lowering timbergrove CRM bags. They take the place of the belltech rear springs, I will start a new thread when I've tried them for a while.

I was wondering if the springs were cut as well. My truck has less gap in the rear on smaller tire and 4 inch drop.

OP
OP
Mino

Mino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Indeed I have not cut them
I totally forgot to do so
I will cut them this weekend lol , we were so worn out lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morgansamuel