lowering springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reborn55

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
probably been asked before but here goes again--has anyone used the Maxtrac 2 inch lowering rear springs on their crew cab pickups--I have a 2017 laramie and debating using either these or Mc Gaugheys--maxtrac are a bit cheaper and that is a plus--THANKS

MarineDefense

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
I bought these as well for a '17 QC 4WD from Suspension Super Store. I'm getting them on sometime this weekend so I'll report back when they're slapped on. From what I've seen in person, they're no different from the McGaughy's #44055, just a tad cheaper.

MarineDefense

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Sorry for the late report in, but I got them on and it sits perfectly IMO. My front is currently at 37" while my back is at 37.5", so only a half inch higher which you can't even tell by the naked eye. Doesn't look like it's sagging and doesn't seem like it's bottoming out on the stock bump stops so I would say these springs came out perfect and definitely recommend them if you're going to pull the trigger on them. I'll upload pictures later on when I get the chance to take some.

MarineDefense

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Rides like stock but the springs are a tad softer from stock because obviously they're more compressed to achieve the 2" low. Handles turns and cornering much better IMO. No more front end dive when on the brakes either, not that I really noticed it as much as some people.

OP
OP
reborn55

reborn55

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for you help---would love to see a picture---guess I will pull the string and order mine

MarineDefense

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Sorry, I haven't taken many just yet 'cause winter decided to show up early on my side of Canada so I haven't had much of a chance to get it cleaned up.

I took one right after I had just got it done, but it still needed to sit for a day for it to settle but I'll post 'er up anyway.

Here you go.

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Sorry, I haven't taken many just yet 'cause winter decided to show up early on my side of Canada so I haven't had much of a chance to get it cleaned up.

I took one right after I had just got it done, but it still needed to sit for a day for it to settle but I'll post 'er up anyway.

Here you go.

Must be another Albertan,lol

MarineDefense

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
so how has the trudck been handling since you put the springs on--thaks

It rides and handles great. Cornering isn't even an issue on the sharp entry/exit ramps with freeways, I like to push it a bit on them now and be confident I won't roll the thing. Braking doesn't do that front nose dive anymore either, truck feels a lot more planted.

Saw your mirror issue in another post as well, I can't say I had the same issue with mine, I only had to adjust it up a bit in my truck. I also sit as low as possible, so that may be a contributing factor.

OP
OP
reborn55

reborn55

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So far I am happy---mirror problem is something i have ahd most of my life in certain vehicles---Being 6 foot 6 sometimes plays into it---have had to get diffenrent mirrors sor some of my toys.