Magnaflow in work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thank goodness lol, now I just need it to have 5” black chrome tips.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
There are plenty of mufflers that will swap right in. You can improve the sound and the flow with that simple upgrade.

Are you looking for an entire catback? If so, just watch for one that has resonators as without them, that drone when you hit MDS mode is a killer.

OP
OP
M

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank goodness lol, now I just need it to have 5” black chrome tips.
Their black kit will have it.
There are plenty of mufflers that will swap right in. You can improve the sound and the flow with that simple upgrade.

Are you looking for an entire catback? If so, just watch for one that has resonators as without them, that drone when you hit MDS mode is a killer.
I've done this on several trucks (Rams). progressive kit = horrible. Flowmaster = horrible. Haven't tried other muffler brands. MF is a complete kit so no cutting/welding/muffler shop required. And the MF never droned with me probably due to the muffler shape.
But...I reckon the MF kit will be around $500 give or take. A muffler (any brand), 5" tips, and a trip to a shop to weld will probably be around the same price, so why not just get the entire kit and be done and you can do it yourself?

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
All I truly want are 5” black chrome tips really.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
All I truly want are 5” black chrome tips really.

Moe's has black powder coat and chrome if you cant wait. I wouldn't be surprised if he's going to expand to black chrome--give him a call.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^^^. Sounds good, for some odd reason I thought he only dealt with 4th generation Ram. I’ll go to his website now and see what he says.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi

I've done this on several trucks (Rams). progressive kit = horrible. Flowmaster = horrible. Haven't tried other muffler brands. MF is a complete kit so no cutting/welding/muffler shop required. And the MF never droned with me probably due to the muffler shape.
But...I reckon the MF kit will be around $500 give or take. A muffler (any brand), 5" tips, and a trip to a shop to weld will probably be around the same price, so why not just get the entire kit and be done and you can do it yourself?
Did that on 2500 CCLB and my last 1500 SLT. Changed 1500 from single to dual & ran under the bumper. Pics of 2500. Took about 3 hrs but I'm gettin old.
523e68d6f15c2aa8ede33229a5524e4a.jpg
2fbd8b1cc9e016abc18aead497188d12.jpg
675241531595e9fe2795a7bdd75737ef.jpg

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
And yes, could have save time if I just took the spare tire heat shield off right away. It's gotta go. LOL.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

The Magnaflow 15363 catback exhaust system (single in/dual out, 3", black coated stainless) retails around $810, with a street price of about $690. This would be a bit more expensive than just swapping a muffler in.

I upgraded my MegaCan system with a Magnaflow single in/dual out, with new tailpipes made up by the exhaust shop, new hangers, fully welded and installed for less than $450.

In this case, if duals are already in place, swapping in a single in/dual out muffler would be a LOT cheaper.

Labor and component prices vary but generally, muffler swaps are cheaper than buying and installing a pre-fabbed catback.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Time to vent, why is it that folks insist the tips for the 2018 will readily fit our 2019 trucks ? What am I missing here as the manufacturers that I’ve emailed all say they will not ?

OP
OP
M

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My dealership said the Mopar exhaust will be released later this month but the black chrome tips are $345 dealer cost

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^^^^. Oh dang, better off holding out for a full exhaust system sadly.

OP
OP
M

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Magnaflow 15363 catback exhaust system (single in/dual out, 3", black coated stainless) retails around $810, with a street price of about $690. This would be a bit more expensive than just swapping a muffler in.

I upgraded my MegaCan system with a Magnaflow single in/dual out, with new tailpipes made up by the exhaust shop, new hangers, fully welded and installed for less than $450.

In this case, if duals are already in place, swapping in a single in/dual out muffler would be a LOT cheaper.

Labor and component prices vary but generally, muffler swaps are cheaper than buying and installing a pre-fabbed catback.

I'm sure their is some money saving by building it yourself. No doubt. Just unsure if it's "worth" it. Then there's the whole keep or not to keep the resonator argument lol

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
MDS motors without resonators sound nasty IMHO.

Add more air in and some tuning with that additional air out and the truck will run a LOT better.

For me it's always worth it.

OP
OP
M

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
MDS motors without resonators sound nasty IMHO.

Add more air in and some tuning with that additional air out and the truck will run a LOT better.

For me it's always worth it.

I see your point...I do.... But also.... Then I'd have to find the right muffler (borla or mbrp I'm thinking for sound, more mbrp I think as the MF kit was great to but want different), then 5". Tips that aren't outrageous

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
True but finding what you want is part of the fun!

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
Magnaflow catback is now available.

Sounds great!

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I tried to order this to no avail, maybe I’m missing something ?