Making and Receiving Phone Calls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CapeFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
When I'm connected using Carplay and I get an incoming call on my iPhone, the caller info from my contacts appears on the screen. Then I'll answer the call by tapping the answer button on the screen but the caller's voice comes thru my iPhone speaker rather than the truck speakers. Anyone know how I fix this?

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
What version of iOS is the phone on? Make sure you are not connected to the radio via Bluetooth. You have can choose Bluetooth or Carplay but not both. If connected via Bluetooth, delete the Bluetooth connection. Also check "Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Call Audio Routing >" set to speaker instead of automatic to see if that helps.

OP
OP
CapeFlyer

CapeFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Thanks, chri5K -

I'm using ios 15.7 I checked and my phone setting were correctly configured and set to speaker.

I connect to the Carplay app wirelessly using Bluetooth. Now if I understand you I'll need to disconnect Carplay before tapping the screen to answer and play the audio of the incoming call shown on the screen? Do you know, is it also true if I connect with the iPhone charging cable?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1) IOS 16.2 out, U may wanna upgrade your I Phone.
2) U have a higher trim level than I do, and the new U Connect 5 in the truck, so someone that has the new U Connect needs to chime in and assist you
3) I can only connect with a wire (No BT connect capability for Carplay, too low a trim, just a Bighorn). No need to turn on BlueTooth when plugged into by wire to Carplay. System picks up all and routes to phone. But since U have the new U Connect, and U connect wirelessly, U definitely need someone who has the newer system to chime in.