Man I love this truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leonard Russo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
First Glad that your ok ! Second Kudos to such a great truck the Ram is! Third stuff like that happens when your not on a Deere!

Tracy in IL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel
close one. Is there a seat/shoulder belt on the tractor? Did you have it on?

Kevin06ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 diesel
I second the seat belt
I usually only go downhill on the Kubota on dry days but a full bucket can put me on 3 wheels on a side slant pretty easily

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Wow....You are very lucky. I have a similar set up. My tractor is a bobcat version just like yours.

OP
OP
Phylodog

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
close one. Is there a seat/shoulder belt on the tractor? Did you have it on?
Five minutes before this happened if you'd have asked me this question I would have said I didn't know. I know now and don't plan to get kicked off again.

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Do you have your rear tires filled with water and antifreeze or anything for ballast? I read what happened and glad you are OK but was just wondering.

OP
OP
Phylodog

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
I don't yet but plan to. I don't know if it would have helped or hurt in this situation though.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Thanks for the update. I can see now what happened and why.

Again, glad your ok and the tractor also. It is nice!

bbandbowhunting

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
1626, that's what I meant...Inverted the numbers. I have only had mine a few months, needed a loader and couldn't find one for my JD 850. Great little workhorse. Funny we have the same tractor and both had to be rescued by our HD Rams!

Lionfish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Phylodog said:
Had an incident this morning and got very, very lucky. Limped back to my truck, grabbed a tow strap, put her in 4wd Low and she pulled the tractor back up on the hill with very little effort. I'm not sure I even hit 1500rpm and it was up. I've got 37k miles on her now and have yet to find anything I don't love about her.

Wish I'd have had the presence of mind to video it but I think I was still in a bit of shock from the impact. Flipped ass over tea kettle and landed/slid on the corner of the bucket. No cuts, no broken bones, just some bruising. Would have been a very different story had it rolled.

Glad you're doing well, looks like you could have been badly hurt!
Always feels good when the truck you've paid such big $$ for does what it has been designed for. My 2018 2500 is my second, the first was
a 2006 2500. Both impressed me, from pulling 3 horse warm blood trailer full of big assed horses (my Friesian alone was 1845 lbs). to pulling our 5th wheeler, both would fly up I-70 into the Colorado mountains. Love those trucks!

Tim Pederson SD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
How do you like that 1626? I'm in the market for a new tractor, and I tested one of those. I really like the features and value for the price. I break and train horses, so I've been bucked off my fair share. I've never been bucked off a tractor! I guess I should never say never.

Rlaman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Glad you're ok. Big dog to the rescue !

OP
OP
Phylodog

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
Phylodog said:

Glad you're doing well, looks like you could have been badly hurt!
Always feels good when the truck you've paid such big $$ for does what it has been designed for. My 2018 2500 is my second, the first was
a 2006 2500. Both impressed me, from pulling 3 horse warm blood trailer full of big assed horses (my Friesian alone was 1845 lbs). to pulling our 5th wheeler, both would fly up I-70 into the Colorado mountains. Love those trucks!

Mine pulls a hefty beast pretty regularly as well. This is Murphy, 18 hands of goofy but lovable Percheron (I'm 5'9"). He and a 15.2 hand quarter horse paint are pulled behind my Ram regularly.

Fi4ilQ6h.jpg

OP
OP
Phylodog

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
How do you like that 1626? I'm in the market for a new tractor, and I tested one of those. I really like the features and value for the price. I break and train horses, so I've been bucked off my fair share. I've never been bucked off a tractor! I guess I should never say never.

So far I've been happy with it. Shifting between H-M-L on the gearbox is a bit sticky at times and I've yet to find the sweet spot as far as the valve for the 3 point hitch. My Kubota was almost set it and forget it but this one I've had to adjust it regularly.

All things considered it's been a workhorse so far. I've had it maybe a month and have over 40 hours on it. Moved a lot of dirt & manure, mowed pastures, dug a handful of stumps out with the backhoe. All is well thus far.

Dgriffi2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Did your wife and daughter see what happened? I often joke I could be outside working and they wouldn’t notice if I tore my arm off. I have literally cut the grass before and later that day or the next we’ll be leaving to go somewhere and my wife will say, “did you cut the grass?” Me: “yeah, yesterday.”

OP
OP
Phylodog

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
No one was around. My wife was in the shower and my daughter hadn't gotten up and started her day yet. I texted the pic of the tractor to my wife and she came out to see how I was and helped me get the tractor out.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Mine pulls a hefty beast pretty regularly as well. This is Murphy, 18 hands of goofy but lovable Percheron (I'm 5'9"). He and a 15.2 hand quarter horse paint are pulled behind my Ram regularly.

Fi4ilQ6h.jpg
Beautiful horse man! Very nice. They are a lot of work so I'm sure your busy most of the time (not a bad thing)

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had an incident this morning and got very, very lucky. Limped back to my truck, grabbed a tow strap, put her in 4wd Low and she pulled the tractor back up on the hill with very little effort. I'm not sure I even hit 1500rpm and it was up. I've got 37k miles on her now and have yet to find anything I don't love about her.

Wish I'd have had the presence of mind to video it but I think I was still in a bit of shock from the impact. Flipped ass over tea kettle and landed/slid on the corner of the bucket. No cuts, no broken bones, just some bruising. Would have been a very different story had it rolled.

pWEnPXBh.jpg

ZLXtBIih.jpg

You should have video taped it and written a narrative and tendered it to RAM Truck for consideration of an advertisement! People just love that!

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Mahindra tractors are pretty tough lol. And we know a ram will pull almost anything out

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good Looking Ride (Hossie). Nice truck and work dog tractor. Glad U R OK. U gonna feel it in the morning, LOL. My 15.4 hand gelding has thrown me more than a few times. I would not want to go sailing off of a 18 hand hossie, such a beautiful giant. My deceased wife's best friend runs a carriage business and they Use Percheron's and Bichons.