Max Care quote for my used 2021 Classic Warlock: No?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Regarding Zeigler MaxCare quote posted above-
Surprised that MaxCare quote is "one size fits all" -
Installed options that raise payout probability not requested-
AKA: Power seat, Luxury Group, Electronics Group, Heated Seats/Wheel.
I have the extended lifetime warranty on my 16 ram bighorn. Have yet to use it. Wifeys 16 Cherokee has same warranty, paid for itself with first front axel repair. If you plan on keeping your truck for a long while it’s worth considering. That being said not sure I’d only a 4 year. I’d go for longest term and highest mileage. Keep in mind I only drive 10000 miles a year. Also, I think you’ll save a significant dollar Amount if you go 200.00 deductible, but it’s been awhile since I checked out the Chrysler warranties.

star_deceiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Don’t waste your money. I have pretty much the identical truck as you. In exactly 2 years of ownership I’ve put on 96000kms. There’s nothing mechanically wrong with this thing. I’ve learned over the years that unless you have visible oil leakage or a check engine light, on, in the service bay, and you watch the tech connect the scanner, is the only way you’ll get warranty work looked at… but not necessarily approved. The warranty isn’t worth the cost of the TP in the men’s room. The 8.4 radio is in everything. The pentastar is in everything. The high dollar costs that you’re being given is 90% labour that the dealer charges. While you may end up with a warranty repair in the little miles you drive, you’ll never do better than breaking even. Save your money and pay off the vehicle quickly. The savings in interest payments alone will pay for any repair you might need.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Regarding Zeigler MaxCare quote posted above-
Surprised that MaxCare quote is "one size fits all" -
Installed options that raise payout probability not requested-
AKA: Power seat, Luxury Group, Electronics Group, Heated Seats/Wheel.

No need for the actuarial charts to get that specific across thousands of examples. The profit margin baked in already accounts for the extra gadgets.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The 3.6L V6 is very reliable. The only issue they have is the oil filter assy is plastic & prone to cracking & leaking. Many owners have replaced it with an aluminum version I believe made by Dorman. So my vote is don't waste your money.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I have been following this post, as I am consider purchasing a MaxCare warranty for my 21 1500. I found this website and wonder if anyone has purchased here: https://www.buymoparwarranty.com/?C...pVsRWbOCiXZP5W-q_1WWH-P2_Z34p1to3af-u0lxOAgZ3
I only have about 9300 miles on the odo, so I am thinking I only need the 8 yr 85k warranty.
I bought mine here back in December and at the time saved over another Ram dealers price and I did not have to input a silly code to get the lowest price...

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
It's really insurance and not a warranty. Sure, the 999 people whose houses didn't burn down think they wasted their money but the 1 whose did is sure glad he had it. To toss out all warranties is to toss out the entire concept of insurance.

Put the money in a high-yield savings account? LOL. Yeah, that sounds like great advice from some financial prophet but there has been no such thing until +/- a year ago when rates spiked. $2000 warranty price + two years of interest at 5% is still $2000 and change.... or $2205 for you bean-counters. Still not enough for an engine.... or even 25% of an engine. Again, guy whose house burned down is glad he had insurance. Guy whose didn't wasted his money.

Warranties on TVs and toasters are a joke... on huge purchases like these trucks? As some have said, it's a personal decision and there are many factors to consider. A HUGE profit center for those selling warranties is the folks that live by payments and trade vehicles regularly (and lose warranty they've paid for). I bought a Lifetime MaxCare in 2014 for $2200 and still own the truck. I've received nearly 20K in repairs.... new engine was roughly $13K of that and I'll admit kind of a wildcard.... but glad I had the warranty (the 1 in 1000 with the house that burned down).

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
In my 45 years of vehicle ownership I've had 1 extended warranty. And it was on a harley.

My father was a car dealer. Extended warranties were the 3rd highest profit In the dealer ship, right behind ceramic coating before it was popular and that crap they use to put on cloth seats for stain resistance.

Do what you want. Most people trade out of their issues or get the desire for a new ride way before the benefit of an extended warranty is felt. And yes you can cancel for a prorated refund. But it's never in your favor.

If you are over extended on your credit and cannot afford a repair then buy the insurance. If no, then forget it save your $$ doubt you will ever have a problem or you will keep the vehicle long enough for the benefit

LouM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Ecodiesel crewcab old/ now 2019 Laramie Hemi
Engine
eco diesel old / now Hemi missing the eco's mileage
In my 45 years of vehicle ownership I've had 1 extended warranty. And it was on a harley.

My father was a car dealer. Extended warranties were the 3rd highest profit In the dealer ship, right behind ceramic coating before it was popular and that crap they use to put on cloth seats for stain resistance.

Do what you want. Most people trade out of their issues or get the desire for a new ride way before the benefit of an extended warranty is felt. And yes you can cancel for a prorated refund. But it's never in your favor.

If you are over extended on your credit and cannot afford a repair then buy the insurance. If no, then forget it save your $$ doubt you will ever have a problem or you will keep the vehicle long enough for the benefit

I have to differ with your thoughts, I've had the extended warrenties on my last two trucks and my wifes last vehicle. I ran the last truck till the end of the extended warranty (5 year, 100,000 mile) then traded it towards this last truck. I had paid my "15" off in "16" and this lightly used "19" was paid for when I bought her and then I went on line for the 7year 125,000 warrenty. I'll likely run this truck till the warranty is about to expire. I don't even recall just what I paid for the warrenty at the time but it was reasonable at the time.
Now I will admit to have a search out for another truck but it will be a complete unicorn much as my current truck is. The "long" bed 1500's with the larime or above trim with the light colored interior, the bench seat, the off road package, and the other biggy the 3.0 diesel is the only missing thing with this truck.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
I have to differ with your thoughts, I've had the extended warrenties on my last two trucks and my wifes last vehicle. I ran the last truck till the end of the extended warranty (5 year, 100,000 mile) then traded it towards this last truck. I had paid my "15" off in "16" and this lightly used "19" was paid for when I bought her and then I went on line for the 7year 125,000 warrenty. I'll likely run this truck till the warranty is about to expire. I don't even recall just what I paid for the warrenty at the time but it was reasonable at the time.
Now I will admit to have a search out for another truck but it will be a complete unicorn much as my current truck is. The "long" bed 1500's with the larime or above trim with the light colored interior, the bench seat, the off road package, and the other biggy the 3.0 diesel is the only missing thing with this truck.
I agree you are different, that makes you in the 1%. I'm talking about the 99%. 1%ers are always going against the grain. It's the herd you have to watch.

Enjoy your new truck.