Max tire size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turp94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just bought my truck on Saturday. With everything stock, wondering what the largest tire is you can run on the stock wheel.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just bought my truck on Saturday. With everything stock, wondering what the largest tire is you can run on the stock wheel.

I would just do some lock to lock turns and check what kind of clearance you have just at ride height. If theres more than a few finger widths to fender liners you may be able to jump up a size or so...real question is what clears when it hits the bump stops off the jumps lol

Busa Dave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would just do some lock to lock turns and check what kind of clearance you have just at ride height. If theres more than a few finger widths to fender liners you may be able to jump up a size or so...real question is what clears when it hits the bump stops off the jumps lol

This is always one of the first question some people ask when they get a truck and not always a 4wd either. Key thing to remember is that just turning the wheels will not tell you if there is an interference problem or not. The suspension when it is in travel off road and when going down a grade and making a slow sharp turn or even turning into a parking lot hitting a depression --- the sound of interference when the suspension is in travel is one that you will not forget.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is always one of the first question some people ask when they get a truck and not always a 4wd either. Key thing to remember is that just turning the wheels will not tell you if there is an interference problem or not. The suspension when it is in travel off road and when going down a grade and making a slow sharp turn or even turning into a parking lot hitting a depression --- the sound of interference when the suspension is in travel is one that you will not forget.

Hence why i mentioned what kind of clearance at full compression...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963