McGaughy's Deluxe 2/4 Drop Kit 09-12 Ram 1500 2WD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cullen17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm looking into lowering my '12 R/t and i was wondering what the advantage is with going with McGaughys delux kit with the front spindles instead of the spring kits? This kit also does not include shocks so would it be worth it to buy new shocks aswell? I plan on driving this truck until it dies so i want to get the best stuff i can.

chrisb38002

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will be going with the McGaughy deluxe kit on my 13 RT soon. I had their kit on my 03 for over 8 years (about 90K miles), never had an issue with it.
I like the spindles instead of springs because it keeps all the steering and other geometry the same as stock, and uses the stock shocks and bump stops (at least in front).
I would save the money for shocks and get the adjustable panhard bar for the rear axle. That's my plan anyway. JMO.
Don't forget to post some pics when it's done. :grd:

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
adjustable upper and lower bars

KnightXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed this particular kit on my truck and it is badass! Rides great and handles way better than stock also. I left the stock shocks on front and rear and have not had a single issue. The track bar relocator is the part that centers your axle side to side is included. Rear bump stops are easy to put on but the stock bump stop cup that is welded the the perch on the frame is an ******* to cut off. The spindles are also a breeze to install. I do however recommend an alignment after installation. Two thumbs up for this kit for sure.

jcs64

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 4wd
Engine
hemi 5.7
1- stock shocks are fine w/ this setup
2- you don't need the adjustable panhard bar, mcgaughys kit come w/ a relocater that
works great
3- to remove the rear bump stop cups, grind thru one of the welds (which ever one is easier to get to) then use a hammer to keep beating it back and forth till the other weld cracks off, Super easy!

jeff

OP
OP
cullen17

cullen17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I dont have any tools at home i sold them all when i sold my race car so im going to have a shop do all the work ill pay them to cuss at it when they do it. :)

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
My belltech 964sp kit came with the track bar relocater and it still needed slight adjustment.

petesnchz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM EXPRESS SINGLE CAB
Engine
Where is everyone getting there deluxe kit? I'm thinking of getting this with my tax refund.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrisb38002

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am ordering mine direct from McGaughys (mcgaughystore.com). The deluxe kit is $588 with free shipping. I have not found it any cheaper anywhere else so far, especially with free shipping.
I forgot that the kits now include the track bar relocator (they didn't when first came out), but I am still changing to an adjustable. I just like having the ability to fine tune it, but that's me. You would be fine with the relocator in the kit.

OP
OP
cullen17

cullen17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Moes also has the delux kit but its $649 so it is a little cheaper to get straight from mcgaughys and right now there is a coupon code at McGaughys website that lowers the price another $20 so its $568 from them

bskl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
2/4 deluxe kit

I will be going with the McGaughy deluxe kit on my 13 RT soon. I had their kit on my 03 for over 8 years (about 90K miles), never had an issue with it.
I like the spindles instead of springs because it keeps all the steering and other geometry the same as stock, and uses the stock shocks and bump stops (at least in front).
I would save the money for shocks and get the adjustable panhard bar for the rear axle. That's my plan anyway. JMO.
Don't forget to post some pics when it's done. :grd:

I have this kit. It come wid rear panhard relocation bracket so u dnt have to get tht unless it doesn't line up straight cause no 2 trucks r the same. It also comes with rear end links. What I suggest is u get rear spohn upper & lower adjustable control arms to position wheels properly in wheel well

OP
OP
cullen17

cullen17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got a rough quote of $600 for the kit and then $400 for labor and an allignment after the install. Has anyone ever had a shop install this kit or one like it and how much did you pay for the labor?