Metallic buzzing noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Axefall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
yes 100% my noise is the same... Not the running boards for me - noise started before I installed them. Not the air dam because I ripped mine off when I replaced the bumper. at least if I am thinking the air dam is the thing under the bumper.
It sounds like it's coming from driver side air vent kinda. I took that side panel off to see if anything was lose and nope all good... took the foot cover off and checked that all is good.
My original thought was a pin hole through the firewall so I took one of those super bright lights and shot it in the engine area and didn't see any light I inside the truck in that area.
This is legit driving me nut's right now.

OP
OP
texasfan88

texasfan88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yes 100% my noise is the same... Not the running boards for me - noise started before I installed them. Not the air dam because I ripped mine off when I replaced the bumper. at least if I am thinking the air dam is the thing under the bumper.
It sounds like it's coming from driver side air vent kinda. I took that side panel off to see if anything was lose and nope all good... took the foot cover off and checked that all is good.
My original thought was a pin hole through the firewall so I took one of those super bright lights and shot it in the engine area and didn't see any light I inside the truck in that area.
This is legit driving me nut's right now.
I’m honestly just learning to deal with it at this point and just try to tune it out whenever it happens. I also have a very subtle rubbing sound coming from the steering wheel whenever I turn it at very low speeds. Had the entire steering column disassembled top to bottom and even had a new clock spring installed and it still made the noise. It’s just a noise I’ve had to live with but it’s barely noticeable at this point anyways.

action1081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
@texasfan88 this sound is likely coming from the hood latch/cable below the steering wheel. Play around with it. I discovered the noise went away when I would pull the latch during acceleration. Badda bing badda boom. The consistent buzzing sound at 1500 rpm drove me insane for months and I’m the OCD type ha.