MIL - Tranny Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAKSY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Morning. Stuck at Robins AFB in Ga., after our 2018 2500 64l crapped out. I retired on 21 Dec & left N.Y. on 2 Jan. Pulled the 10K lb Toy Hauler about 7K miles without an issue, but last Tuesday, after what was supposed to be one night stay at this base, she wouldn't go more than 100 feet before the tranny let loose...MIL came on. The # '4' appeared on the instrument panel and any attempted acceleration simply revved the engine. Used the on-off 3x trick & pulled the following OBD-II Codes: P0732; P0868; P0876; P0933 & P0934. Any MoPar techs in here that can tell me WTF I am up against? TIA...

Last edited:

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Have you called the dealer? Five star Chrysler is right down the road from you on Watson blvd. they might be able to help or come and get it? Sounds like it may be in "limp" mode which puts in in 4th gear but have no idea what kind of issue you are look at? I had a shift solenoid go out and it acted the same but I had different codes then you.

OP
OP
D

DAKSY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
It's AT that dealer. Had it towed in when I could not get it to move. Evidently, they only have ONE tranny repair station & there is a RAM in there for service that was not finished as of last Friday. The service writer said he thought the tranny either needs rebuilding or replacement. It has ONLY 27900 miles on it & his answers seem to be a bit excessive, but what do I know?

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Sorry I don't have much to add. I looked up those codes and it sounds like it could be a number of things, from the torque converter, to the pump, to a cracked filter (or complete transmission failure). There is a guy with the user name "TransEngineer" that is usually helpful with these issues but not sure he is on here? I know he was on the cummins forum.

I got stranded in the Tennessee mountains towing (less then 20K on it at the time) when my shift solenoid gave out so I know the frustration. Unfortunately there aren't many dealerships in this area and they are small so not a lot of choices, and that one is the best one for what it's worth.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990