Misfire #1 Cyl.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LCACER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey y'all,

New to the forum here, hopefully I will be able to gain some knowledge from everyone here.

I took my 1500 (53K miles) in early December for a misfire on #1 Cyl, they checked things out and saw the intake manifold gasked showed wear. Changed that out and all was well, so I thought. I left on vacation a couple of days later so the truck sat. Upon my return I had driven it for a short time (about 250 miles) and when I started it back up the engine light came on again. I thought to myself that it was the same code. I was heading to put an exhaust on, had the shop to do a diagnostic and sure enough code P0301 misfire #1 cyl. Took it to the dealership on 30 Dec. Still have it as of today 7 Jan. Service manager sighting they are waiting for Chrysler to say yay or nay on using rebuilt head, or replacing with new. Anyone else have this issue either with the engine or Chrysler? Sorry for the long drawn out explanation!

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The hemi engines are pretty touch engines, I'm a tech for chrysler and can probably count one hand how many hemis I've seen blown up.

As for your issue, I'm just guessing but likely the valve seat had carbon build up on it. I have run into a similar situation before.