MMX has 6.4 BGE blocks in stock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

Attachments

• IMG_4736.JPG
    IMG_4736.JPG
    265.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Dart has their hemi blocks out now,with the capability of close to 500 cubes.

1716572618497.png

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I dunno what to think about this; one of the attractions (to me anyway) of the hemi is that's its an iron block capable of tons of abuse.
Depends on what your looking into do with the engine. This isn't something you drop in for a standard replacement of what's under the hood, your spending $$ to have the block machined and bored to your specs most likely for a racing application.
The aluminum block saves weight over cast iron, if shaves a 0.1 of a second off your time that could be the difference between winning and loosing. The less weight also can contribute to a better weight balance of the vehicle (front to rear), again your paying for the advantage.
Aluminum will also reject heat better than cast iron. The cast iron will tolerate overheating better than aluminum, that probably the biggest driving factor why it's used in heavy trucks.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Depends on what your looking into do with the engine. This isn't something you drop in for a standard replacement of what's under the hood, your spending $$ to have the block machined and bored to your specs most likely for a racing application.
The aluminum block saves weight over cast iron, if shaves a 0.1 of a second off your time that could be the difference between winning and loosing. The less weight also can contribute to a better weight balance of the vehicle (front to rear), again your paying for the advantage.
Aluminum will also reject heat better than cast iron. The cast iron will tolerate overheating better than aluminum, that probably the biggest driving factor why it's used in heavy trucks.

Yeah exactly, that's what I said; for car duty alum might work OK, but the point of a truck is to work it, thus the iron block makes more sense for us. In theory aluminum sheds heat quicker, but in practice we know the iron block is the better choice for a heavy duty cycle. Heat is more a function of the cooling system rather than the block material, my truck tows at the same oil temps it used to run empty on, all by just throwing in a 180 tstat and chopping out the silly AGS. If you're towing up a long grade (say the IKE), both alum and iron are going to hit the same oil temps with the same cooling system in place, but the iron block will always handle it better. So you're going to need a robust cooling system regardless of block material, you can't get away from that just because you're using an aluminum block.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
My buddy is running his Superbee tonight,and he's running 11.7's tonight with the DA at 3200 ft. Which is on par for what the car normally runs.