Mopar CAI and Ram Air Duct/Functional Hood scoops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It’s pretty frickin’ rad if you ask me, that Ram made that hood to where you could buy a couple of kits and convert that from non-functional hood scoops to functional.

I just wished they woulda made that hood available for all models because I would’ve loved to have been able to do that with my truck. Really gave me a bad case of the red-ass when I found out that ya couldn’t get that hood if you opted for chrome bumpers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’s pretty frickin’ rad if you ask me, that Ram made that hood to where you could buy a couple of kits and convert that from non-functional hood scoops to functional.

I just wished they woulda made that hood available for all models because I would’ve loved to have been able to do that with my truck. Really gave me a bad case of the red-ass when I found out that ya couldn’t get that hood if you opted for chrome bumpers.

I miss the sport hood, had it on my last 2 rams. The view just isn't quite the same looking out.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Slick setup and fitment, is the cone filter provided washable?

KCaudill

The RAM
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From everything ive read the "ram" air doesnt really help too much. I have the same setup factory installed. Drove a ram without it and didnt feel any difference.

OP
OP
JHayez1911

JHayez1911

US NAVY (RET)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Yes I love the setup. Took the scoop out on the driver side and open them up as well so it all matches.

OP
OP
JHayez1911

JHayez1911

US NAVY (RET)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From everything ive read the "ram" air doesnt really help too much. I have the same setup factory installed. Drove a ram without it and didnt feel any difference.
Yes I understand. What other mods do you have on your truck? I think like most mods, it depends on what’s all done. My trucks pulls and runs like a bat out of hell but along with the Mopar CAI/Ram Air ducts I also have JBA Longtubes, Flowmaster Supper 44, Diablo Trinity T2 with a Jay Greene 93 octane tune and 3.92 gears on this 8 speed transmission. Next mod will be a Fastman 84mm Throttle Body. I will just keep adding stuff until it does make a difference. I’ve read and heard guys say the throttle bodies don’t add anything, but we will see because I want it.

KCaudill

The RAM
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes I understand. What other mods do you have on your truck? I think like most mods, it depends on what’s all done. My trucks pulls and runs like a bat out of hell but along with the Mopar CAI/Ram Air ducts I also have JBA Longtubes, Flowmaster Supper 44, Diablo Trinity T2 with a Jay Greene 93 octane tune and 3.92 gears on this 8 speed transmission. Next mod will be a Fastman 84mm Throttle Body. I will just keep adding stuff until it does make a difference. I’ve read and heard guys say the throttle bodies don’t add anything, but we will see because I want it.

I only have the Mopar CAI, Mopar hood intake, and Carven muffler. I have the lifetime warranty so no mods for me. Ohh oil catch can too, that good for 50hp right? lol

OP
OP
JHayez1911

JHayez1911

US NAVY (RET)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I only have the Mopar CAI, Mopar hood intake, and Carven muffler. I have the lifetime warranty so no mods for me. Ohh oil catch can too, that good for 50hp right? lol
I hear ya. I gotta order a oil catch can. I’m about to order one from Billet technology as they have a 20% of sale. We can all use 50hp from a catch cam right? Wouldn’t that be cool. Sucker probably cause you to lose a HP. Extra pound. Lol. I’m going to play with it a little.

OP
OP
JHayez1911

JHayez1911

US NAVY (RET)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Close up look. I need that engine Dress up kit now also.

A3F46175-DE8F-49C4-8A5A-1559C0BF71DC.png

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree--them yellow caps gotta go----LOL
The throttle body--they are a part of the whole mod "group" Standing alone--not much difference---in conjunction with your other mods the throttle body will help the total performance. I think Matt still has some of the "flag" engraved catch cans, you might check before ordering one although I don't know if his are on sale, but it never hurts to ask. Your making great progress--I like it!!!
Jay

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That really is a nice setup!

So are both vents functional with that kit or just the passenger side vent?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Well, just like with a cold air intake, you’re really not gonna notice a whole lot just from that. You’d have to do quite a few, pretty heavy motor mods before giving your intake that much more air is gonna help.

I would just like the idea of giving my motor the coldest air possible from hood scoops.

OP
OP
JHayez1911

JHayez1911

US NAVY (RET)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That really is a nice setup!

So are both vents functional with that kit or just the passenger side vent?
Just the passenger side come with a functional vent, however my driver side vent just put the dremel to it and it open up now as well. If nothing else it’s uniform and looks good.