14 ram air ride questions making the switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all its been awhile. So i have a couple questions. So air ride decided to start throwing message service air suspension immediately.
Code that its throwing is

Hello bringing this thread back up. I was out of the country for awhile and returned home now so going to get ram out of storage and get the suspension converted.

Now after doing research Doesnt the front just take 2 complete struts so any for a 14 ram should work?
Looking at a monroe kit what makes those struts special compared to others?

As for the rear i could just buy ram oem rear springs and then rear isolators.

Now sure what this so called convertion kit from say monroe is different from just buying the front struts but i sure one of yall can confirm if theres a difference.

I cant order from airdelete they dont ship to my rural area and i dont want to make the 90 minute drive to pick them up. So hoping to grab my own stuff and get shop local to do it.
I was looking at some blisten struts with level kit but dont want to waste money to find out im missing stuff i need for this conversion.

Or this rancho lift set

RS999930 and RS999944 for the fronts and 2X RS999367 for rear.??
Then mopar springs. Isolators?
I should be good to go?

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

OP
OP
ToxicFire

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Hello yes I see those kits I thought there may be others. I know Monroe has a conversion kit and it's half the price of air delete. Was hoping this code that's popping up was a cheaper fix to hold me over to spring. I'm not planning to keep the truck too much longer but want to drive it haha.

OP
OP
ToxicFire

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Would anyone have ideas on this code and what could be causing the code. Just a ride height sensor? I unplugged both and plugged them in ect.

zrock

Reaction score
i used the Monroe kit and i was happy with it, only thing i changed after a year is ordered leveling struts for the front end as the rake was to much for my liking. I would have ordered the air delete kit but the website i found in canada with good pricing i could not find again when i went to order and i wanted to keep my purchase canadian so i ordered my kit though the shop that did the install. Im happy with the kit and glad i do not have to mess around with the air system in the winters.

If its giving you a code for a ride height sensor then i would suspect one or more is bad..

OP
OP
ToxicFire

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i used the Monroe kit and i was happy with it, only thing i changed after a year is ordered leveling struts for the front end as the rake was to much for my liking. I would have ordered the air delete kit but the website i found in canada with good pricing i could not find again when i went to order and i wanted to keep my purchase canadian so i ordered my kit though the shop that did the install. Im happy with the kit and glad i do not have to mess around with the air system in the winters.

If its giving you a code for a ride height sensor then i would suspect one or more is bad..
Mind me asking what you paid for the monroe kit and install?

Ramulus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco

What do you mean, keep it Canadian? My air delete kit shipped from Canada...

Ramulus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco
Hey all its been awhile. So i have a couple questions. So air ride decided to start throwing message service air suspension immediately.
Code that its throwing is

C15A1 RAM Code - Unable To Obtain Desired Ride Height​

Now ive disconnected the battery and then it started working and then on an hour drive about 55 minutes in i got service air suspension and then it would do anything wont change heights.
I cleared codes and then put into offroad mode 2 but only the back went into offroad mode and front stayed in aero mode and then service message came on again.
Now i start truck and hit the lower button but it just keeps saying lowering but doesnt actually lower.
I then reset with battery again and then went on radio and put in wheel alignment mode and truck leveled out then i got the message again.

SOrry for the long write up haha. So any ideas what to check and or change.
I checked fuses and unplugged the ride height sensors in the front.

Also on alfaobd i try to run ride height sensor check and it always fails.

2nd question now. If i were to do a air delete and go to normal suspension is it not as easy as just buying struts and shocks for a ram and thats it?
What stock no lift kits are decent?
Theres the airdelete.ca I saw threads on but its a bit pricey.
I dont drive truck much only usually weekends so i dont need crazy fancy stuff. Ideally i want to keep the air ride its nice when it works and its been great the last few years. 2018 the comp0ressor and 2 bags were replaced and no issues since.

This is the airdelete base kit that is much cheaper than the lift options. Also, if you search their FB page, there is a coupon code for $100 off.
https://airdelete.com/products/2013...-delete-conversion-kit?variant=39967137988721

Though you are correct, if you can find takeoff struts, shocks, springs you could do it much cheaper. You will also need rear spring isolators, and possibly different bumpstops for the rear. I don't have the mopar part numbers for those.

Regarding the defeat portion of the air ride system, it's a matter of pulling two fuses and disabling the air ride system via AlfaOBD.

OP
OP
ToxicFire

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello bringing this thread back up. I was out of the country for awhile and returned home now so going to get ram out of storage and get the suspension converted.

Now after doing research Doesnt the front just take 2 complete struts so any for a 14 ram should work?
Looking at a monroe kit what makes those struts special compared to others?

As for the rear i could just buy ram oem rear springs and then rear isolators.

Now sure what this so called convertion kit from say monroe is different from just buying the front struts but i sure one of yall can confirm if theres a difference.

I cant order from airdelete they dont ship to my rural area and i dont want to make the 90 minute drive to pick them up. So hoping to grab my own stuff and get shop local to do it.
I was looking at some blisten struts with level kit but dont want to waste money to find out im missing stuff i need for this conversion.

Or this rancho lift set

RS999930 and RS999944 for the fronts and 2X RS999367 for rear.??
Mopar springs and rear isolators then im good to go?

Last edited: