Mopar CAI vs Veraram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JHayez1911

US NAVY (RET)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
17 Ram 1500 5.7L currently running a Mopar CAI. I’ve had this intake on since I purchased the truck. Been looking at the Veraram and I know the majority of the members here love and swear by it. Has any one actually been able to compare the performance of both intakes. I realize the Mopar is pricey and that alone forces some away from it. The Veraram is indeed a true beauty and surely looks sweet up underneath the hood. I’m considering dumping the Mopar for the Veraram has anyone else gone down this road.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've never seen a head to head test between the two. The increases you gain from the Vararam have been documented in dyno tests and on the track. They are most effective at WOT and on the highway. I don't have any info on the Mopar CAI system your asking about .
Jay

OP
OP
JHayez1911

JHayez1911

US NAVY (RET)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've never seen a head to head test between the two. The increases you gain from the Vararam have been documented in dyno tests and on the track. They are most effective at WOT and on the highway. I don't have any info on the Mopar CAI system your asking about .
Jay
Thanks Pull YA waiting to see pics of the Veraram with the blue outwear cover.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I didn't know how the blue would look so I got the black---I'm waiting to see a blue one too---LOL
Jay

OP
OP
JHayez1911

JHayez1911

US NAVY (RET)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn't know how the blue would look so I got the black---I'm waiting to see a blue one too---LOL
Jay
Lol. Come on man. It would’ve looked awesome on that beautiful blue truck of yours. That Veraram truly dresses up the engine bay. And it would be allot easier for a guy like me to swap out that damn PCM if the need arise.

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew
i have the mopar cai on my truck. came with it on it. i would never spend the coin they want for it. i notice absolutely nothing with it. no sound, no performance. i have taken it apart a few times. seems so cheap to me. i had to buy some foam window seal to attach to the part that pushes against the fender hole, well, because it wasnt touching it. sad. at least its sealed now.

OP
OP
JHayez1911

JHayez1911

US NAVY (RET)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have the mopar cai on my truck. came with it on it. i would never spend the coin they want for it. i notice absolutely nothing with it. no sound, no performance. i have taken it apart a few times. seems so cheap to me. i had to buy some foam window seal to attach to the part that pushes against the fender hole, well, because it wasnt touching it. sad. at least its sealed now.
16RamHemi I truly understand. I spent the coin and now looking at a possible change. I really want to dress up my engine bay next now that I’ve done just about all the bolt on mods I’m going to do and the Veraram looks awesome.

XLILBEASTX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been wondering if the Mopar CAI with the addition of functional hood scoops can compete with the Vararam.

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew
I've been wondering if the Mopar CAI with the addition of functional hood scoops can compete with the Vararam.

compete? as far as what? you need to spend close to $1000 (if i remember correctly) for the mopar cai and the hood attachment thing. crazy talk right there. imo

OP
OP
JHayez1911

JHayez1911

US NAVY (RET)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
compete? as far as what? you need to spend close to $1000 (if i remember correctly) for the mopar cai and the hood attachment thing. crazy talk right there. imo
Yes I believe that Mopar Performance Cold Air Intake Ram Air Duct is about $350. It better do something. Lol. Hell with just the price of that piece you can own a Veraram. Be cool to hear from those running it. When I ran a search it was about 3 -4 threads on it years ago

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew
Yes I believe that Mopar Performance Cold Air Intake Ram Air Duct is about $350. It better do something. Lol. Hell with just the price of that piece you can own a Veraram. Be cool to hear from those running it. When I ran a search it was about 3 -4 threads on it years ago

thats the thing. i have read nothing about any gains with the mopar kit. but many with the vararam. backed by dyno runs. i would love to have a vararam. but i have mamy other mods ahead of that want (ported tb, custom tune etc).

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Following. I have Mopar CAI. Like the simplicity and ease of cleansing, but potentially open to other options. Haven’t researched much.

As for ported TB, did it in my Camaro and MAYBE felt a 2% difference.....more notice was from a “pedal commander” than the TB port. Just my $0.2. Maybe it’s different for a big Hemi, not sure.

OP
OP
JHayez1911

JHayez1911

US NAVY (RET)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Following. I have Mopar CAI. Like the simplicity and ease of cleansing, but potentially open to other options. Haven’t researched much.

As for ported TB, did it in my Camaro and MAYBE felt a 2% difference.....more notice was from a “pedal commander” than the TB port. Just my $0.2. Maybe it’s different for a big Hemi, not sure.

I love the look of the Veraram specifically how it cleans up the engine bay. However I already have the Mopar CAI and it performs well in my opinion with the JBA Longtubes, Flowmaster Super 44, Diablo Trinity T2/Jay Greene Tune and Pedal Commander. Don’t know how much additional I would gain but I’m surely considering just doing the CAI Ram Air Duct functional scoop and ported throttle body and call it a day. If I decided to go with the Veraram I’m sure I will have a stock CAI as well as the Mopar sitting in my garage with all the other crap collecting dust. I hate selling **** and taking losses.

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Lol the only loss your taking IS letting it sit in the garage and not making money flipping it. I flip EVERYTHING. Lot of times for more than I paid hah.

Question, making the hood scoops functional, I believe I read that there’s potential for water issues if they’re made functional though..

BIGMIKE27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That vararam intake looks great, but what happens when your active grill shutters close.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JHayez1911

JHayez1911

US NAVY (RET)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol the only loss your taking IS letting it sit in the garage and not making money flipping it. I flip EVERYTHING. Lot of times for more than I paid hah.

Question, making the hood scoops functional, I believe I read that there’s potential for water issues if they’re made functional though..
I guess I’m not that good at flipping stuff. Lol. I need to flip these OEM 22 inch sport rims that would get me a throttle body and the Ram Air Duct. Lol.

M Bowen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I'm dying to find a deal on the Mopar CAI and Ram air kit.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the Mopar CAI and love it. It's easy to clean the filter and looks nice in the engine bay. The hood scoop setup is a complete waste of money..... it's pretty much like the Challenger setup and does nothing to increase air flow into the airbox. There is a low pressure area at highway speeds which causes the air flow to go up and over the truck. It doesn't allow for any air to be forced into the hood scoop. The stock air box is almost perfect and the CAI just makes it an even better setup.

I just looked for months on Ebay, Craigslist, etc.... until I found a like new one for $150 bucks!!!!

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
I guess I’m not that good at flipping stuff. Lol. I need to flip these OEM 22 inch sport rims that would get me a throttle body and the Ram Air Duct. Lol.

Hah I get rid of everything I’m done with. Just a few minutes ago sold a almost 8 year old flawless printer for $40 when that’s half the price of what it was new and upgraded to a newer one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juanita Kelley