More display problems - Big Horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caribfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I have read all the posts about the problems with the 12 inch screen and was feeling pretty lucky that I I don't have one and that I haven't any problems with the smaller screen that I have...until today. I took my Ram in for its first oil change and there were 3 minor recalls that I had them take care of - software update to the seatbelt system, retourque the battery cable and put stop blocks on the adjustable brake pedal. I drove the vehicle home grab some lunch and step out to run another errand and the whole display screen is black - no visuals no radio no nothing. Seems like a REALLY big coincidence that it happens 2 hours after its first service. Anyone else experience this?

KG5TUD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I have read all the posts about the problems with the 12 inch screen and was feeling pretty lucky that I I don't have one and that I haven't any problems with the smaller screen that I have...until today. I took my Ram in for its first oil change and there were 3 minor recalls that I had them take care of - software update to the seatbelt system, retourque the battery cable and put stop blocks on the adjustable brake pedal. I drove the vehicle home grab some lunch and step out to run another errand and the whole display screen is black - no visuals no radio no nothing. Seems like a REALLY big coincidence that it happens 2 hours after its first service. Anyone else experience this?
Not quite the same but mine lost all audio. No radio, nav, satellite, or bluetooth. Lasted for quite awhile then started working again at a dealership but oddly no trouble code.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Caribfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good news, the display is working again. Not sure what happened and I hope it doesn't happen again.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dealer time that should not happen Maybe at the dealer they took the battery cable off that will do that

Geoman15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine did the same thing the other day. Had to restart twice and all has been good, since.
Had me worried for a minute or two.
Geo.

NotExactlyAimless

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Diesel
Not quite the same but mine lost all audio. No radio, nav, satellite, or bluetooth. Lasted for quite awhile then started working again at a dealership but oddly no trouble code.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Took our 3500 in for an air filter change and they did a few recall issues and the next day the 12" display quit working. Won't play a CD, no NAV, but the buttons on the side still work. Have started it a few times, but still is not working. What's with the mini fuses? Agree that timing of just having into a dealer is odd.