More regear and locker input please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fearfact

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
16 3500 crew cab short bed 4x4 work truck with thuren front lift (1.5”) and track bar, solo exhaust and pedal commander... I average 35-40k miles a year with mix of on road empty and towing often of 15-16k, off-road exploring work fairly often. In winter it plows commercially.
Soon a regear is in order, it gets the job done with the 373 but it isn’t always pretty, 488s seem to be the best all around choice but I may end up on 456 just due to the amount of highway empty running I do. These open dogs all around suck, plain and simple, so I’m thinking of a LSD/truetrac type setup front/rear. Any input on these options/my application is greatly appreciated... also if anyone is vendor suggestions to help me support our own I’d be glad to touch base with them
Thanks,
Matt
8a815737f0ccc8e3e3995c894846f865.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnonStu

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I would recommend a Detroit locker in the rear. That’s going to be a tough life for any differential and limited slip diff.s have springs and clutches. I would go either selectable (Air or e-locker) or Detroit.

On the front, I would only use a Detroit if you have selectable hubs.