Morimoto headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also, for any Canadians looking at these lights, there is a Canadian distributor, Pro lightz. https://www.prolightz.com/
Give them a call, ask for Will. You'll be happily surprised at his prices if your used to US customs and duties and such. Also free shipping across Canada.
We Canadians need every $$$ advantage we can get.... :)

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
On Headlight Revolution they are also on pre order black Friday at $1215. But at The Retro Source (Morimoto) they are offering a free set of XB fog lights for pre order black Friday, thats a really good deal too.
As far as the February bump from December/January, I also would rather they not rush, instead make a nice product. And really, it's only 1 month more. I'm ok with it. 'shrug'
Not sure if it’s allowed but nick and got exhaust is offering A similiar deal with free fogs. I went ahead and got mine from nick since he’s a vendor on here

Last edited:

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
just got an email that my morimoto headlights will be shipping out next week. I’m excited to be one of the first ones to get them.

J/k :)

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I’m sure they can be approved but at what point do you say sure let me open up these $1300 headlights to customize and improve them. Then there goes the warranty and more money lol.

It's not so bad if you started with quads and intended to go with say brand new oem projectors to the tune of $900-$1000. An extra $300 LED and looking badass doesn't seem so unreasonable in this scenario.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's not so bad if you started with quads and intended to go with say brand new oem projectors to the tune of $900-$1000. An extra $300 LED and looking badass doesn't seem so unreasonable in this scenario.

But who would go the oem route when it’s been said and shown plenty of times that tyc replica have a better output and can be had for $400-500 brand new and won’t breaking your pockets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone know how these will be compared with say mini d2s v4 or mini h1 7.0? Sorry but I didn't feel like skimming through 34 pages if its been answered.

I'll be starting my morimoto matchbox 2.0 in the fogs soon.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Retroshops prices are in line with every other retrofitter out there. I’ve dealt with 4 other retrofitters in the past and Retroshop is by far the best shop I’ve ever dealt with. They don’t cut corners and their work product is incredible and if you have any issues at all Jeremy takes care of it immediately.

What exactly are you looking to spend to have someone open up headlights and customize them? I think the prices are fair especially considering the niche market and they have to make a profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your missing my point. What im saying is no one should have to pay to pre order...period. The ripoffshop gets them on credit. And if they dont, im sure they have a business credit card.

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
not sure, I saw it posted on fb lol

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
Your missing my point. What im saying is no one should have to pay to pre order...period. The ripoffshop gets them on credit. And if they dont, im sure they have a business credit card.

Maybe I'm lost but don't you have to pay all of these vendors in order to pre-order these headlights?

Gero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is exactly why I wouldn't buy the headlights. The fogs are so disappointing I cant even give them away with a clear conscience. Once I finish my fog light build Im going to swap them on a truck on my lot and send it to the auction. They are pretty but as far as illumination I just cant buy them.

You talking about the xb led fogs for our ram? I'm thinking of doing the matchbox 2.0.
I dont get the sort of light output when I throw led bulbs in the factory fog housing. Are there any other options?

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You talking about the xb led fogs for our ram? I'm thinking of doing the matchbox 2.0.
I dont get the sort of light output when I throw led bulbs in the factory fog housing. Are there any other options?

Yeah the xb fogs, just disappointing. I’m going to build some using v7 m1s get some real width and throw

Gero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah the xb fogs, just disappointing. I’m going to build some using v7 m1s get some real width and throw

You think the mini h1v7 will fit in the fog housing? I'm running mh1v7 in my factory quads and they're great but I'm not too sure they're small enough for the factory fog housing which is why I ordered some matchboxes.
I regret not running 50w ballasts for the mh1v7 for the 20% added output.

Gero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I saw someone here retrofitting what looks like some acme h1 projectors in the factory fog housings. They had to heat and form the front lenses so it bulges enough to clear the projectors. A bit too botched for my taste.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
But who would go the oem route when it’s been said and shown plenty of times that tyc replica have a better output and can be had for $400-500 brand new and won’t breaking your pockets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Everyone who has the coin to drop on these :D