Moroso Catch Can Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamHemi5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Here's another catch can install. I decided on a Moroso unit. I use Moroso products on my muscle cars, everything they offer is nice quality.

IMG_1085_zps8955d2db.jpg

One thing I didn't really like was the brass fittings these catch cans come with so I used XRP -AN fittings and pushloc hose.

IMG_1087_zps027f2800.jpg

This is something totally unnecessary, but when it comes to -AN fittings and pipe thread, I ALWAYS open up the pipe threads so the -AN fitting screws all the way in. This step is more of a looks thing rather than performance.

IMG_1101_zps1756d5d8.jpg

IMG_1107_zpsb3f9823a.jpg

You can see here the XRP forged 90's screw all the way in now as apposed to the brass fittings in the previous pic.

IMG_1114_zps08513ed7.jpg

IMG_1116_zps5c25605f.jpg

I also used an Earls billet hose separator to keep things tidy.

IMG_1117_zps2fba8ee7.jpg

IMG_1118_zps141bb27a.jpg

Many ways to skin a cat. LOL

Alfonsio

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Big Horn Quad Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks good! I put one on mine a month ago. I like the black hose fittings on yours.

Rusty2872

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
You have a part# on that moroso set up? Looks nice BTW.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats on the insight of installing the best catch can available, maybe others will see the light vs being sheep and going with the BT.

Razzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats on the insight of installing the best catch can available, maybe others will see the light vs being sheep and going with the BT.

Based on what data?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mounting location and drain valve

Mopar_Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L

Dude, just because you have the Moroso doesnt mean its the better one. Your opinion really is like your a-hole, it stinks horribly. Either can is a fine choice and I dont know how many times you need to be ragged on before you stop applauding everyone who gets a Moroso for getting the "best catch can." A simple "nice catch can, I love mine" would suffice without directly insulting everyone who bought a BT.

To the OP, great work taking a couple extra steps to make the details stand out!

electricme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Great install and modifications to make it your own. Thats what I like to see.

Please people (who wont be named) that express a crappy attitude about other products... your OPINION is not the only one, no need to be a ******** about it.

Different strokes for different folks.

OP
OP
RamHemi5.7

RamHemi5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I like both the BT and the Moroso catch can. I simply chose the Moroso unit because I use other Moroso products, and they all have proven to be of great quality.

I noticed many people use the BT catch can on here as well, I thought I'd be a little bit different and go with this one instead. Maybe even up the playing grounds between the two...

I got it from summit, this one:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mor-85479/overview/

And I also had them price match Lightning MotorSports:

Moroso 85479 Air Oil Separator - Dodge Ram Truck

saved about 15 bucks..

Hornet

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just an FYI,pipe threads are tapered.
They aren't a standard straight thread,so you have to be careful opening the threads up with a tap.
If the fitting bottoms out in the threads with-out the jam factor from the tapered threads,you could possibly have a leak develop at the fitting,that'll need a pile of tape and or pipe dope to seal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RamHemi5.7

RamHemi5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Just an FYI,pipe threads are tapered.
They aren't a standard straight thread,so you have to be careful opening the threads up with a tap.
If the fitting bottoms out in the threads with-out the jam factor from the tapered threads,you could possibly have a leak develop at the fitting,that'll need a pile of tape and or pipe dope to seal.

You are absolutely correct!

I used the proper tapered pipe tap for this job.

IMG_1122_zpsd8c81e0f.jpg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dude, just because you have the Moroso doesnt mean its the better one. Your opinion really is like your a-hole, it stinks horribly. Either can is a fine choice and I dont know how many times you need to be ragged on before you stop applauding everyone who gets a Moroso for getting the "best catch can." A simple "nice catch can, I love mine" would suffice without directly insulting everyone who bought a BT.

To the OP, great work taking a couple extra steps to make the details stand out!

Baa says the sheep

Mopar_Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I suppose you would be horrified when you find out that theres more than 5 moroso cans in circulation and youre not the genius you insinuate you are. There are plenty of people that dont like where the moroso mounts. Being your such a genius and the Moroso is so superior I bet your engine bay with the vararam (and the wide open passenger side) looks so clean with hoses running all the way to the corner of your radiator from the back of your intake. But hey who am I to judge Im just here to shove it down everyones throat how much better the BT is.

I guess the next thing you should try telling everyone is how much better your shorty headers are than longtubes. Somone so insightful surely wouldnt have purchased the BEST catch can, and not the best headers to go with it........

To stay on topic instead of just bash other people, to the OP, Im really digging how you didnt miss a detail and went all out with the tapered tap and all. The black fittings really set it off IMO, now i may have missed it but did you purchase black fittings or paint the supplied ones?

OP
OP
RamHemi5.7

RamHemi5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Mopar_Express,

I used XRP -AN fittings for this job. My local speed shop carries this brand in stock, but they are one of the more expensive brands.

When I have a big job that requires the use of many -AN fittings, I shop at Summit for Fragola. They are also a high quality fitting, but a few bucks cheaper per unit, which adds up fast.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca