Moroso Catch Can Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I suppose you would be horrified when you find out that theres more than 5 moroso cans in circulation and youre not the genius you insinuate you are. There are plenty of people that dont like where the moroso mounts. Being your such a genius and the Moroso is so superior I bet your engine bay with the vararam (and the wide open passenger side) looks so clean with hoses running all the way to the corner of your radiator from the back of your intake. But hey who am I to judge Im just here to shove it down everyones throat how much better the BT is.

I guess the next thing you should try telling everyone is how much better your shorty headers are than longtubes. Somone so insightful surely wouldnt have purchased the BEST catch can, and not the best headers to go with it........

To stay on topic instead of just bash other people, to the OP, Im really digging how you didnt miss a detail and went all out with the tapered tap and all. The black fittings really set it off IMO, now i may have missed it but did you purchase black fittings or paint the supplied ones?

Moroso can is like ten bucks more than the BT, ARH are over a grand more than JBA's. Recognizing value is part of my genius. Dont worry though. Just stay positive and keep trying and you'll get there, I promise

OP
OP
RamHemi5.7

RamHemi5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Well.... 10 days and 1,000 miles later, I emptied the catch can for the first time. I would definitely say it works. :)

This is a 16.9 Fl Oz. water bottle. I will add, that drain valve at the bottom is convenient.

IMG_1132_zps23fb3f29.jpg

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
Congrats on the insight of installing the best catch can available, maybe others will see the light vs being sheep and going with the BT.

dude, I have one (BT can) and am certainly NOT a sheep. Here is your sig / mods on your truck

2010 2500, JBA headers, Magnaflow 30" single side exit and Y pipe, 180 tstat, Moroso catch can, Superchips, 87mm PTB and Vararam......so far

Are you a sheep for getting the same parts as someone / everyone else? I sure hope your next mod you will be THE first person to get it so you won't think that you are blindly following the pack mentality......................... I get real tired of every time a catch can thread is started, we all get ball busted for having something that is like alot of other peoples' can. Just stop , man. Please. Try to understand that we like the BT can just as much as you like your Moroso.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
Well.... 10 days and 1,000 miles later, I emptied the catch can for the first time. I would definitely say it works. :)

This is a 16.9 Fl Oz. water bottle. I will add, that drain valve at the bottom is convenient.

IMG_1132_zps23fb3f29.jpg

Boy they do work. I get alot back in mine sometimes, too. I do plan on drilling and tapping my BT can for a drain valve when I have time. Glad yours is working good, your TB and intake will be glad, LOL.

TheDonVon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey sorry to jack this thread but why is a catch can such a popular mod? What does it do?

I tried to search around but just keep finding install threads. Sorry for the newb question but thanks for the help.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
A catch can catches the oil and crud that normally goes into your engine thru the intake / throttle body area. It dirties up the TB and also the tuners out there say that it lowers the octane of the fuel. So with a catch can your intake / TB will stay cleaner and you can possibly run a hotter tune with it because the octane is where it is supposed to be. Less knock? With a cleaner TB the truck will probably idle better etc. If you can afford the 100 dollar plus ones then get either a BT can or the Moroso, depending on which one YOU prefer. I personally run the BT and like it. Moe's Performance has what you need. Contact Matt. He will school you on the benefits.

Last edited:

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
dude, I have one (BT can) and am certainly NOT a sheep. Here is your sig / mods on your truck

2010 2500, JBA headers, Magnaflow 30" single side exit and Y pipe, 180 tstat, Moroso catch can, Superchips, 87mm PTB and Vararam......so far

Are you a sheep for getting the same parts as someone / everyone else? I sure hope your next mod you will be THE first person to get it so you won't think that you are blindly following the pack mentality......................... I get real tired of every time a catch can thread is started, we all get ball busted for having something that is like alot of other peoples' can. Just stop , man. Please. Try to understand that we like the BT can just as much as you like your Moroso.

Did ya not notice the 30" Magnaflow? I'm the only one on this forum with one. Try again....

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Did ya not notice the 30" Magnaflow? I'm the only one on this forum with one. Try again....

Not sure if anybody asked but im sure nobody cares. It probably sounds like a prius anyways with a 30" muffler, so the cool factor went out the window being " the only one on the forum with one" . I believe you got blown out the water on your last moroso catch can rant, so why dont you move on along and continue browsing the jc whitney catalog

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You really have no clue, do you? Most of the mods are from Moes and blown out of the water? Boy please...

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
You really have no clue, do you? Most of the mods are from Moes and blown out of the water? Boy please...

don't get your panties all twisted up, you probably paid somebody to bolt on all those badass mods you brag about. you can call me a boy, I atleast know how to turn a wrench and make a damn good living out of it.

Razzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

And the catch can troll strikes again.....lol

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
1882 move on and get a life! Obviously your not wanted here and have nothing useful to say! Everyone has a choice in what they buy and they make it with no complaints and are happy with their purchase. Let them be happy and not call us sheep bra cause in the end, freedom is a luxurary we enjoy.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man you're good! Got any more?

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Why does the catch can have to be such a big deal for you? This is a great sight for new comers to see and learn from but you seem to be so full of negativity that you are more of a risk than an opinion!!!!

I ask that the mods take a look into this person and control what is coming out because I think this is out of control!!

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
Man you're good! Got any more?

I got one......

Enough with the back and forth already. This dead horse would not be getting beat if you had not referred to everyone that owns a BT catch can as a Sheep.

Your opinion is welcomed here, but the back and forth is not. Telling someone they are stupid or giving them a "label" for owning a particular product is just not what we do here.

Lets move on and let bygones be bygones.

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm relatively new here, but one thing holds true on any forum, in any setting:
trolls are like stray cats - keep feeding them and they'll never go away.

Some people will take any attention they can get - negative or otherwise.
Here's hoping he takes his douchebagginess elsewhere and finds the attention he so desperately seeks.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
HEY! GUYS!

If you go into your user CP, you can find the ignore lists. Use it, otherwise our troll will keep coming back, like John said. ;)

Alfonsio

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Big Horn Quad Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good to know "dodge dude94". Thanks!

Litenyaup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This can works on 09-13 correct? I have really been thinking of installing one. This is a nice looking unit and reviews have been pretty good!

Last edited: