mpg on 2013 ram 2500 stock 6.7 and costs...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I'm interested to see how that interfaces with the after-treatment, unless you have to eliminate it. Diesel particulate filters and the catalyst can be funny... Not to mention the EGR.

The SCR and EGR systems are left intact. Just adds to the power curve.

http://www.bullydog.com/product.php?ID=2
+
http://www.bullydog.com/product.php?ID=472
=$2000

It might actually be worth it if you didn't have to send your PCM off to BD to be modified to allow the tuner to work....

sent thru a cloud of smoke

mattmaxx877

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Diesel
I just traded in my 2012 Ram Laramie Limited 1500 for a 2013 Ram 2500 Tradesman. I did it completely out of want. I don't haul anything and don't NEED the diesel. I was told that it cost more to own/operate a diesel truck, but I think a lot of that depends on how you drive it. I have it about a week now and am getting about 17 in town and upwards of 18 on the interstate traveling @ 75 mph. It will be interesting to me to see how much my MPG's will be lowered after a leveling kit and some after market wheels and tires.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
TS performance has released a module for up to 135 hp for '13s
It's called Stryker I believe and is about $850

It doesn't delete and isn't supposed to leave a trace on the computer supposedly

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
TS performance has released a module for up to 135 hp for '13s
It's called Stryker I believe and is about $850

It doesn't delete and isn't supposed to leave a trace on the computer supposedly

Interesting... I was thinking that the dealer was counting # of ecm flashes not looking for programming traces???

smykowski

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Interesting... I was thinking that the dealer was counting # of ecm flashes not looking for programming traces???

small addition.. they're looking for a regen count. They know on average how many an engine should go through given the mileage. When you're way out of spec, it's obvious you've been running deleted, tuner, etc... they really have to nitpick if they're checking the computer for regen counts though.

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
small addition.. they're looking for a regen count. They know on average how many an engine should go through given the mileage. When you're way out of spec, it's obvious you've been running deleted, tuner, etc... they really have to nitpick if they're checking the computer for regen counts though.

Good point. I am lucky that my dealer doesn't care about tuning or deleting. Basically they won't warranty what's not on the truck. I am sure if I had an engine failure they will be forced to check deeper but for all the normal stuff there is no reason to check for flashes or regen counts.

Sent from my LG 8.3 GPe

CDN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
6.7L CTD
Have been very happy with my 6.7 CTD so far lots of power and great MPG. I just did a 600 mile trip, mostly highway, and used 25 gallons of gas, that works out to 24 MPG on the highway, my old F150 never did better than 21. I couldn't be happier.