Muffler ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RandyGallup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking for a slightly louder than stock muffler. Had a thrush welded on it before and the neighbors didn’t appreciate 5 am starts. Just looking for some recommendations for something a little louder then stock but not real loud.

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
I've got a flowmaster 50 series love it

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

768mph

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Black Widow 300 or 250 muffler. You’ll love it.
Sound between a flow and maganflow. Pretty nice and no drone. That’s their slogan,” all tone, no drone”.

I’ve have the Race Venom, 250 and 300 so far. Great mufflers; great price and SS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RHeller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a solo performance mach 44 used from member gdawg55. Its barely louder than stock under normal conditions, highway, I think its about the same as stock. However, the tone is much deeper and when you mash the throttle, it definately has more bark than stock. Was exactly what I was looking for, quiet on the inside with no drone and a deeper tone on the outside. Love it!

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking for a slightly louder than stock muffler. Had a thrush welded on it before and the neighbors didn’t appreciate 5 am starts. Just looking for some recommendations for something a little louder then stock but not real loud.

I have a Borla Pro XS and a Flowmaster 50HD for sale in the For Sale section that would fit what you're looking for.

KnurledNut

SemperFi
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a Carven Progressive, the highway drone gave me headaches, but she was sweet sounded when jumped on. I ended up switching to a Borla Pro XS. Couldn't be happier.

ALFREDO SILVA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I just had a Flowmaster FlowFX installed. May want to stay away because it’s pretty loud although it has a similar design to Magnaflow. It was only $39 on Amazon compared to $160 for a Magnaflow at the shop. I saved myself $20 by buying it on amazon and having a local shop weld it in. I love that my truck runs incredibly smooth now but I could definitely do without the drone and pull back on the loudness. I’ll probably get a Magnaflow put in but the longer one to keep it quieter.

OP
OP
RandyGallup

RandyGallup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for all the replies! Now just which to choose.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I'd didn't see it mentioned above, but I really like my Magnaflow 24" single in dual out. Its part of a DIY kit from Mufflex with all the hangers and stainless steel pipe to replace the OEM.

I added the 5" chrome tails for a deeper tone.

At 24" its got a noticeable, but mellow idle, but when you get on the skinny pedal its still yells "I've got a Hemi!"

The extra length means no real drone on the highway in MDS.

clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif

Mufflex 24" Magnaflow Dual Exhaust 09-Up Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi

Magnaflow

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the mentions, Guys. We would agree our 18" or 22" oval mufflers make a great upgrade on a street driven truck. If we can assist you with finding a muffler for your vehicle, give us a call at 1-800-990-0905!

dktrpepr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Black Widow 300 or 250 muffler. You’ll love it.
Sound between a flow and maganflow. Pretty nice and no drone. That’s their slogan,” all tone, no drone”.

I’ve have the Race Venom, 250 and 300 so far. Great mufflers; great price and SS.

100% agree. I've had my 2016 1500 for about three months now and the Black Widow 250 was one of the first things I did to the truck. Had the same on a Tahoe and got a TON of compliments on it. Can't be the "All tone, no drone" that is true with awesome sounding cold starts yet minimal exhaust tones at highway speed.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recommend the either the Borla Pro XS, Magnaflow muffler kit, or the Solo Mach 44 muffler kit. Contact me for info and pricing.

768mph

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
first things first, screw the neighbors its your truck.

Your comment is the reason we have decibel limits and LEO who strictly go after loud exhaust.

Im all about exhaust and enjoying the sound of a good vehicle but always considerate to those around me as well. I dont need to have a NASCAR start up at 0500 going to work. Nor would my neighbors either. Could have brand new babies, elderly living with them, sleep insomnia, etc.

But difference of opinion is what makes the auto enthusiast population thrive. Some more than others. To each their own.

wesplains

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you are still looking I put a ****** Aero Chamber on mine. Just enough of a low rumble to sound good without being stupid about it. Half the size of the stock muffler.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your comment is the reason we have decibel limits and LEO who strictly go after loud exhaust.

Im all about exhaust and enjoying the sound of a good vehicle but always considerate to those around me as well. I dont need to have a NASCAR start up at 0500 going to work. Nor would my neighbors either. Could have brand new babies, elderly living with them, sleep insomnia, etc.

But difference of opinion is what makes the auto enthusiast population thrive. Some more than others. To each their own.

i work nights, i dont tell my neighbors when to mow their lawn, or work on their roof. I also live on the river you wanna talk about decibels and not being enforced, I have a 496 with open exhaust and some these boats shake the windows,,,,,,but i love it

qxbuzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 3500
Engine
I had the Flowmaster American Thunder direct fit on my 2017, and it was perfect. I had the mufflex 14” on my 2014 and it was too much for me...

Flowmaster had great sound under acceleration, but fairly quiet while cruising. It will still wake the neighbors up on a cold start though...