My first new vehicle ever! 5.7L 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mvp_Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie 1500
Engine
5.7L V8
I’m proud to have my 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie as my first new vehicle, It’s a proud and humbling moment. I picked her up Saturday and I fell in love with it the moment I saw her on the lot.

I’m in the market for running boards, a cover for the back and a cold air intake if they are out yet. Any suggestions would help.

1ae11a488db66c716e98248c87e18c44.jpgfceabadc8b3e18a64c752ba3077faaa1.jpg4e226141658dfb7fb252fae7906f8fb8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put the Steelcraft running boards on mine. I really like them so far. They have a good step up, feel solid, have good traction, look good on the truck, were easy to install, and cost less than $300 delivered. Here they are on my truck:

View media item 26862

Ram19 Owner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I’m proud to have my 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie as my first new vehicle, It’s a proud and humbling moment. I picked her up Saturday and I fell in love with it the moment I saw her on the lot.

I’m in the market for running boards, a cover for the back and a cold air intake if they are out yet. Any suggestions would help.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new beauty. You’ll love her like most of us do. You’ll find tons of great info on here if you search for it. I’ve seen many knowledgeable members here post mods, upgrades, and info. Just takes a little looking.

Again welcome aboard and enjoy your ride. :favorites37:

NOV87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Congrats on your new truck! Looks great. As far as running boards, mine were the first things to come off my truck. Can't stand those things :). They make me feel about 20 years older. If the truck is too high, I'd get a set of rock sliders. Look much better and a way better protection. Cost more too, though.

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
Congratulations, and beautiful truck! I always run the factory wheel to wheel boards, really like their function and look.

OP
OP
Mvp_Me

Mvp_Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie 1500
Engine
5.7L V8
Congrats on your new truck! Looks great. As far as running boards, mine were the first things to come off my truck. Can't stand those things :). They make me feel about 20 years older. If the truck is too high, I'd get a set of rock sliders. Look much better and a way better protection. Cost more too, though.

Thanks! I will definitely look into the rock sliders

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Congrats....Same model and color here... I can only vouch for the tonneau cover. This is my second RAM and 2nd Bakflip fibermax. There are a lot of options and you'll receive a lot of opinions, but that's my pick. Easy to install (and remove if needed), extremely low-profile, relatively secure (for a cover), versatile and nearly leak-free (I doubt any is 100% and only after heavy rain do I have some wetness but never pooling).
Enjoy...

2019 BakFlip - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mvp_Me

Mvp_Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie 1500
Engine
5.7L V8
Congrats....Same model and color here... I can only vouch for the tonneau cover. This is my second RAM and 2nd Bakflip fibermax. There are a lot of options and you'll receive a lot of opinions, but that's my pick. Easy to install (and remove if needed), extremely low-profile, relatively secure (for a cover), versatile and nearly leak-free (I doubt any is 100% and only after heavy rain do I have some wetness but never pooling).
Enjoy....

Thanks!
That cover sounds like a good idea, I’ll look into that asap.

Coramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think you and I are the last of a dying breed sir. I halfway considered running boards just bc I felt like I was supposed to. Screw that! I much prefer the look of trucks without them, although I’m lucky to see even just one every few days besides mine. I’m 6’5” too, so no practical need for them, other than to fit in.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think you and I are the last of a dying breed sir. I halfway considered running boards just bc I felt like I was supposed to. Screw that! I much prefer the look of trucks without them, although I’m lucky to see even just one every few days besides mine. I’m 6’5” too, so no practical need for them, other than to fit in.
Not quite that alone, running boards were the first thing I removed from my last 3 trucks. Much prefer the look without them and at 6'2" also don't need them. If I really needed them I'd probably have to go with the power boards since they go away when not in use...although in the northeast I would have some concerns with them.

BruceMorgan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Great looking truck. Now you have to decide what direction you want to take your truck. By direction, I mean what sort of truck will it be when you add your mods and personality? There are several "categories" for trucks. These are mine, YMMV:

Bone stock - whatever FCA did, that's fine. That's maybe boring, but it's also trusting in FCA to have done their job right. And bone stock, you have a fine looking and performing truck.

Urban truck: a little dressy. Something you could take your date out on the town with, and she'd step out in heels and a party dress and your truck would be a nice background for the photo. Your truck so far looks that part already. Some power running boards, say. Classy, in other words.

Mall crawler - something of an off-road look, without being all decked out in skid plates and sliders. A bit of a lift, but stock bumpers. Aggressive wheels and tires. Some off-road lights. Your truck looks impressive at the Safeway.

Off roader - now we're talking off-road bumpers, winches, rock sliders, skid plates galore. Spare tire in the bed. Cargo carriers and hi lift jacks. Your truck is impressive at the 4x4 park.

Expedition vehicle: halfway off roader, halfway off grid camper. Over bed tent. Built in fridge. Lots of batteries and solar stuff. You could spend a week in the Outback with it.

Old man truck: put a cap on it, especially one of the ones that steps up taller and taller to the back. :)

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Great looking truck. Now you have to decide what direction you want to take your truck. By direction, I mean what sort of truck will it be when you add your mods and personality? There are several "categories" for trucks. These are mine, YMMV:

Bone stock - whatever FCA did, that's fine. That's maybe boring, but it's also trusting in FCA to have done their job right. And bone stock, you have a fine looking and performing truck.

Urban truck: a little dressy. Something you could take your date out on the town with, and she'd step out in heels and a party dress and your truck would be a nice background for the photo. Your truck so far looks that part already. Some power running boards, say. Classy, in other words.

Mall crawler - something of an off-road look, without being all decked out in skid plates and sliders. A bit of a lift, but stock bumpers. Aggressive wheels and tires. Some off-road lights. Your truck looks impressive at the Safeway.

Off roader - now we're talking off-road bumpers, winches, rock sliders, skid plates galore. Spare tire in the bed. Cargo carriers and hi lift jacks. Your truck is impressive at the 4x4 park.

Expedition vehicle: halfway off roader, halfway off grid camper. Over bed tent. Built in fridge. Lots of batteries and solar stuff. You could spend a week in the Outback with it.

Old man truck: put a cap on it, especially one of the ones that steps up taller and taller to the back. :)

You forgot "work truck". Rail to rail locking toolbox in the back; seat covers to protect from muddy jeans; weathertech type floor mats for containing muddy boots; ETC.

BruceMorgan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You forgot "work truck". Rail to rail locking toolbox in the back; seat covers to protect from muddy jeans; weathertech type floor mats for containing muddy boots; ETC.
I just said that to my wife! Then I went to add it and you already did. :)

Ram19 Owner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

Also forgot the

The I don’t know what to do truck because there’s so much you can do. :doh2: ( I need a sugar mama to mod the toy) :head3::happy175:

darynm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats on your new Truck Purchase! I also have a limited version with the same color and love it!. I also go the Bakflip cover and it was a great choice! I like the fact the my side rails tuck away when I'm driving and know they have after market versions of those too. Enjoy your new ride!

OP
OP
Mvp_Me

Mvp_Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie 1500
Engine
5.7L V8

At the moment I want to keep her nice and simple.
I’m going to add a Cold air intake, rock sliders, tonneau cover, tint, and slightly taller and wider tires on the stock rims and that’s it. To me Dodge nailed it with this one and I hardly want to change anything.