my ram is wrong

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

bobbyhonea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
wow great answers...thanks guys, I'm going to order the P.C. two day shipping. as long as it wont affect my warranty. but I have to wait till I'm here (too many porch pirates in this town)

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn some of you 8spd guys must have used granny to break your trucks in from the start. These newer trucks have adaptive learning capabilities so if you drive them real easy from the start easy driving is what you're going to get. Disconnect those batteries and start fresh and drive the hell out of them for a few hundred miles and it will make a noticeable difference. With the Pedal commander my truck is a rocket with those 3.92's. Not quite as fast as my old 3.5 EB down low but not a major difference overall.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you're getting 14 mpg in town, that's about right. I would have to think with 14 in town, you'd do 18+ @ 55-60 on the road.

If my truck ever disappeared, id get an 8/3.92, then add a Petal Commander, after I drove an Eco Boost.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I recently took my Edge and PC off and the truck is extremely sluggish. I get it back from the dealer today so I will be re-installing asap. It's sad how much peppier the V6 loaner I have is than a stock Hemi. With the mods I barely use the bottom 1/4 of throttle travel. Without I am using 1/2 throttle just to get around town with light acceleration. It's awful.

A friend at work recently bought a 2012 RCSB Hemi 6 speed with 3.92's and I don't think it's as quick as an 8 speed with 3.21's but I have had the mods on for a year or so and may be biased. It just didn't have the first/second gear torque I had anticipated.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I have driven mine like a stole it from day one. I don't notice any throttle lag. I have 10,000 miles on it now.

What do you have to compare it to? The pedal commander is great and not very expensive. Look for a used one in the classifieds section. You can always sell it if you feel you don't need it. I drove my truck hard from the minute it showed up at the dealer and still prefer it with the PC hooked up.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Damn some of you 8spd guys must have used granny to break your trucks in from the start. These newer trucks have adaptive learning capabilities so if you drive them real easy from the start easy driving is what you're going to get. Disconnect those batteries and start fresh and drive the hell out of them for a few hundred miles and it will make a noticeable difference. With the Pedal commander my truck is a rocket with those 3.92's. Not quite as fast as my old 3.5 EB down low but not a major difference overall.

Yea those adaptive get a lot of people on the car forums as well since they granny a 6.4L v8 around town "trying to get good economy" lol. My Challenger shift quality ain't all that hot if you granny it around, but if you drive it like you should it shifts exactly how you want it to shift for the sort of driving it's setup for.

The PC was nice before I tuned, but afterwards its of little value to me. If I could put my own curve on it I would get another one, but with proper tuning both of mine mostly have the desired pedal response. I hate that jumpy unrealistic curve when doing truck things and really prefer something as close to a properly adjusted throttle cable from before the DBW days as possible. I will say I did play with it for a little while after I was tuned, but I couldn't get it anywhere what I liked for daily use with the canned curves and +/- levels. Now if I was racing around or just wanted to light up my BFG's from time to time then yea it would probably still be on the truck.

My current setup aside it was nice completely stock so I do see the value for you guys that don't want to void any warranties unlocking the PCM. My old PC is currently in my old mans possession for his stock 2500 and I must admit there it's a great mod. Gets his truck way closer to what we prefer in the throttle response department.

Sled Freak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went from a canned tuned 08 QC with 3.92 to a 16 CC 8spd/3.92. I was honestly disappointed with the performance of the 16 when I first got it. I expected more. But my 08 "felt" quicker.

I now have a pedal commander and now the 16 feels like it should IMO...

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

bobbyhonea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I received my pedal commander and swiftly installed it, now my RAM is a RAM again and I love the way it accelerates!
I love my truck