Mystery Button

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DMcRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Hello All,
Does anyone know what this button is for? It's next to the rearview mirror attached to the windsheild. I was cleaning today before a short trrip with my wife and saw it for the first time. Had the truck for a little over a year and never noticed it before.
Thank you for any info.

DaveRam Button.jpg

Green_Manalishi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hard wired or battery? If it's hard wired it most likely controls something in the truck. Battery would indicate an external devcie such as a gate or garage opener.

OP
OP
D

DMcRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
I think you are right, it being an aftermarket alarm system. I hate to sound like I don't read manuals, etc but it is a Trademan package with tons of extras on it. It is always parked in a barn and just noticed that the box flashed blue when the truck is locked. Must be an alarm. No information is in the owners manual, nor online.

I found the truck as a 4 year old with less than 10K miles on it. So was able to buy it at 4 year old vehicle price with low, low mileage. It has remote start (without) a remote start key fob, you press it 3 times locked and it will start) it has cloth seats that are heated (I believe the best option ever), and a few other nice things.
Thank you for the help, I appreciate it.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Microphone for something like bluetooth phone ????? Is it OEM or aftermarket radio head unit?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Transformers button, turns RAM into a Prius? lol...

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I have one similar to it in my 07' Quad Cab 1500 for the remote start/alarm system. It's the antenna for the system.

2a.JPG

Ratman6161

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
... just noticed that the box flashed blue when the truck is locked. Must be an alarm. No information is in the owners manual, nor online......
On a past vehical I had a Viper remote start+ security system that flashe blue when the truck was locked.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You've never noticed that big ole black item next to your mirror in a year of ownership?:doh2::happy175:.....
You are messing with us right?

Ubem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe that is your receiver for your after market remote starting unit. There should be a wire that runs from the receiver to the remote starting module which is more than likely mounted underneath the drivers side dash. The wire is probably tucked underneath the headliner and trim. Don’t push the button as that resets the module for reprogramming from your remote starter fob.

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
I take it you don't use the rear view mirror at all if you are just noticing it after a year lol