Navigation Guidance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500Hoosier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 MHEV
Hey folks, new to the site (and Ram 1500 Long Horn) so I home I'm not asking a question that has been asked a bunch of times.
I set the volume for navigation guidance in the navigation menu. When I turn the truck off and restart it defaults back to level 15 which is very loud. I know all I have to do is turn the volume up when I'm getting voice guidance but how do I set the default volume to something less than 15?
Thanks much,
Jim

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
Hope someone knows a fix for this but I think it is default. Mine does it too and it is very annoying

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
This may not help, but both my 2009 & 2016 Ram 1500s, had a setting in the radios Menu, i found a setting that let me separate the different volumes.

Hopefully you are able to do the same with the newer models

Randy Grant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I turned the guidance off in mine. It just irritates me. The DIC has a popup when a turn is getting close, so I don't need another whiney woman telling me which way to go.

Justthebutler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You may be able to do it in alfaobd I know you can disable navigation lockout so you can use it while driving, it may prevent it from changing the volume?

mikepol2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same here, it’s infuriating. Does the same with my iPhone, had to unpair it so I wouldn’t have a heart attack every time someone called while I was driving. Took it to the dealer and had a brand new radio installed and software updated but no difference. Has to be something with the Uconnect software. I actually was messaged months ago by a Ram rep who said they heard it might be addressed in a future version of the software but then they never did issue an update (I check regularly). Can’t wait till I can ditch this thing and it’s creaky sway bar end links and get back into a Silverado. Drove them for 20 years and thought I should try a Ram and now I’m regretting it.

RJR49

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hey folks, new to the site (and Ram 1500 Long Horn) so I home I'm not asking a question that has been asked a bunch of times.
I set the volume for navigation guidance in the navigation menu. When I turn the truck off and restart it defaults back to level 15 which is very loud. I know all I have to do is turn the volume up when I'm getting voice guidance but how do I set the default volume to something less than 15?
Thanks much,
Jim
There is a setting on u connect to save the last radio / entertainment setting. That should do it

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Same here, it’s infuriating. Does the same with my iPhone, had to unpair it so I wouldn’t have a heart attack every time someone called while I was driving. Took it to the dealer and had a brand new radio installed and software updated but no difference. Has to be something with the Uconnect software. I actually was messaged months ago by a Ram rep who said they heard it might be addressed in a future version of the software but then they never did issue an update (I check regularly). Can’t wait till I can ditch this thing and it’s creaky sway bar end links and get back into a Silverado. Drove them for 20 years and thought I should try a Ram and now I’m regretting it.
Dealers are open right now !

mikepol2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is a setting on u connect to save the last radio / entertainment setting. That should do it

Yep the dealer tried that on both the old and new radios but no luck. Tried the nav-specific settings with the nav-only volume but same thing, adjusted to start at 2 but once you restart the truck it’s back at 15.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
You may be able to do it in alfaobd I know you can disable navigation lockout so you can use it while driving, it may prevent it from changing the volume?
Where in Alpha did you find the toggle to disable the navigation lock out while driving? Thanks.

On my 2500 I can adjust the nav volume with the radio volume control while the nav is talking. In mine it seems to hold that setting even after shut down and restart. You may want to check and see if you can adjust the volume the same way, but the nav has to be speaking for it to work.

Last edited:

Justthebutler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Where in Alpha did you find the toggle to disable the navigation log out? Thanks. On my 2500 I can adjust the nav volume with the radio volume control while the nav is talking. In mine it seems to hold that setting even after shut doewn and restart.
When I get home later I'll have to check on my laptop and send it to you , I think the guys narrowed it down to certain years; But I cant remember.