Navigation Stopped?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elizabeth M White

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just bought a 2019 Ram 1500 with 8000 miles. Navigation worked for 30 days and then stopped searching...says, canceled, and searching off-online. Any new info on this issue?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to RamForum. Sorry to see you have a problem with your navigation system.

Have you discussed this with your dealer?

OP
OP
E

Elizabeth M White

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My issue is like a number of other owners..." When I go to enter an address it says searching off line and then says no address found. Anyone else have this issue?"

Dealer says there are no updates and no "flash" needed. They did a factory reset. Where the bars are with either 4G, etc...there is a circle with a line through it.

OP
OP
E

Elizabeth M White

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just found this on reddit...exactly the issue:
with the navigation system and thought someone on here might be able to answer a few questions:

1. There seems to be no way to search or program the navigation system via voice. I see a microphone icon but it is always grayed out even when the truck is sitting still. Why is there a mic icon if it's always grayed out?

2. When I type something in to search manually it almost never finds what i'm looking for. If I type in the exact name of a business with city and state it says "no results". if I do the same thing on my phone using Google Maps it finds it no problem.

3. For some reason it always says "searching offline" and there is a bar graph that looks like a cellphone signal strength indicator that shows full bars but also has the circle with a line through it as if there's some network feature that isn't enabled. Why?

Vipertrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Limited Crew Cab 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm having the exact same issue with my 2019 RAM Limited. I cannot manually enter an address nor will it accept one via voice recognition.
Basically, I have a $50K truck with a worthless POS navigation system! I am SO pissed I can't see straight. The dealer said there was going to be a software update"soon" with no specific date. What BS! Why isn't FCA being more responsive to Ram owners about this KNOWN defect???

Vipertrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Limited Crew Cab 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does FCA ever monitor these threads and actually ASSIST with a problem? Asking for a friend...

jim mertens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have same issue as most of you, searching offline and keeps streaming. Took to dealer and they said I had to have a uconnect guardian subscribtion for it to work at $ 25 a month wtf