Navigation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jim mertens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Update on my 2019 12" screen that would just keep streaming and would say searching offline.
Went to a different Ram dealer and they were able to figure out how to enter an address by using the search button on the bottom of the navigation screen (not the top one) The top one is only if you subscribe to sirus guardian. I dont know why for a year and a half it worked for me and either did the dealer. At least I can search and enter an address now thanks to a service tech that dug deeper to help me

Brman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings Diesel
Update on my 2019 12" screen that would just keep streaming and would say searching offline.
Went to a different Ram dealer and they were able to figure out how to enter an address by using the search button on the bottom of the navigation screen (not the top one) The top one is only if you subscribe to sirus guardian. I dont know why for a year and a half it worked for me and either did the dealer. At least I can search and enter an address now thanks to a service tech that dug deeper to help me
Thanks for information, I could only get a search to work by using voice input. Whe I took it to the dealer when it stopped working after a year, dealer told me I would have to subscribe to Gaurdian.

jgmartz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
Thanks for information, I could only get a search to work by using voice input. Whe I took it to the dealer when it stopped working after a year, dealer told me I would have to subscribe to Gaurdian.
2019 3500 w/ the 12" screen. From what I gather, it's a complete bait and switch/false advertising/misleading dealer information. The nav system will only find addresses in your "local" area. You cannot search for an address outside your area without a Guardian monthly subscription. For me this pretty much defeats the purpose of the nav system. Had I known this I would not have purchased the nav system for $5,000!!!!! I'd just use my phone which has a much better nav system. I am sooo ******!!!!!

Windman1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
Thanks for the tip. I tried the bottom "where to" button and was able to put in an address and get my navigation back. My local dealer had no clue, or they are told to have no clue. Either one is pretty bad.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It is another interesting way to monitize the features in vehicles. Sirius I see the value, a monthly fee to not have adds. Google maps are free because we get adds in our Google searches. But reading above local maps are free but distance required are subscription, that makes no sense because the service should cost the same regardless of where the destination is. For me, I find no value in using the radio maps; they are not constantly updated and when available cost money. Using the phone maps works perfectly on my radio and I can enter my destination in before I get in the vehicle. This way I know if there is delay before I walk out and can plan accordingly. If Google Maps ever becomes subscription based, of course then I have to comparison shop. No idea really why I add all this, maybe just to offer an alternative idea to the problem above.

Killroy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L eTorque
I used the search button (Where to?) at the bottom and it did nothing to fix the issue. I can get some local destinations, but cant find a zip or city.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeanD