need a dog barrier for a 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cactusmonkey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
My 25 pound dog is nuts in the truck, feels like he needs to be up front and not settle down. We have tried the deluth seat cover but not good enough. He will go on the floor and come up between the console and the material or try to go over the top. Does anyone have a good solution to this issue?

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 25 pound dog is nuts in the truck, feels like he needs to be up front and not settle down. We have tried the deluth seat cover but not good enough. He will go on the floor and come up between the console and the material or try to go over the top. Does anyone have a good solution to this issue?
I use a cage. I flip up the back seat and and put the cage on the floor. He hops in and lays down the whole ride. If I don’t use the cage he’s all over the place and usually won’t settle down.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Dogs for like the idea of a cage. It makes them feel more secure, kind of like a den, and is not punitive at all. Plus, less things leaving permanent marks unlike dividers.

OP
OP
C

Cactusmonkey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thank you this looks great. Hope it fits a 2021, will contact the company and find out.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you this looks great. Hope it fits a 2021, will contact the company and find out.

We have been using something like this for the last few years for our borador (border collie/lab) who's around 45 pounds. She was not good in the truck at all prior to getting this but this really worked to make her a lot better on rides. Still can roam around the back seat, and has the seat belt to attach to the collar or harness. My GF got the small sized one for her car but we find it works fine in my truck too, it's a little small but not an issue. Probably will order the bigger sized one when I get my next truck.

https://www.amazon.com/Pecute-Conve...t+Covers+(Pet+Supplies)&qid=1614970324&sr=8-1