Need Headers!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slueybalz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm in need of some input from those who know. Headers for my 2004 1500 4x4 Crew/Mega cab with a 6" FabTech lift seems to be a mythical thing. No one knows what will and won't fit. I'm wanting Short to Mid length (tuned preferably) that will bolt up to factory. Has anyone discovered what I need? Long tube isn't out of the question but I don't want to replace the whole system just yet. Any help is appreciated.

ChrisMc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just bought a set of OEM fit JBA stainless headers for my 02. I really like them!

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
2004 1500 4x4 Crew/Mega cab

Quad cab would be the official term, especially when you're looking for parts. The Mega didn't come til 06 and it rides on a 2500 chassis; think you're having difficulties now lol...
Speaking of, you have a 1500, suspension lift or not the exhaust hasn't moved, there's all kinds of options for these things from bolt in shorties to mid length to full length (latter two require new Y pipe).
https://www.summitracing.com/search...4/make/dodge/model/ram-1500/part-type/headers

OP
OP
S

Slueybalz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Quad cab would be the official term, especially when you're looking for parts. The Mega didn't come til 06 and it rides on a 2500 chassis; think you're having difficulties now lol...
Speaking of, you have a 1500, suspension lift or not the exhaust hasn't moved, there's all kinds of options for these things from bolt in shorties to mid length to full length (latter two require new Y pipe).
https://www.summitracing.com/search...4/make/dodge/model/ram-1500/part-type/headers

Thanks for the info Lonestar, seems every website and supplier I contact can't seem to answer that question.

Jdrake73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
What about shorty's for an 08 2500? Many websites say you cannot install on a 2500, many sites say you can...which is it. I dont want to drop the $ and find out they cannot be installed.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
The engine needs a 1/4” shim on the passenger side mount to fit shorties, and I believe they still require a little dent on primary to keep off the frame rail.