NEED HELP! 8.4an Update 13.58.52

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kingcobra423

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Sport CC 4X4
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
Hello All!

Does anyone have the an 8.4an update prior to 13.38.52?

I did the most recent update (13.38.52) but I want to revert back to a previous version. I want to turn my "ECO" light on. Once I did the update I seem to have lost the "Fuel Saver Display in Cluster" option. I'm not 100% sure the option was there before because I only had the truck for 2 days before I did the update. But I'm getting the runaround from Ram and the dealership and want to try this 1st before I bring it back into the dealership.

I was hoping someone has a previous firmware version that they could share with me...

Thanks!

Last edited:

Coop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the latest update and still have the ECO light.

The ECO light is there if you had the option selected prior to doing the update. The issue is that the latest version, there is not an option to turn it on.

OP
OP
Kingcobra423

Kingcobra423

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Sport CC 4X4
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
The ECO light is there if you had the option selected prior to doing the update. The issue is that the latest version, there is not an option to turn it on.

Exactly Coop, thank you!

jsequino

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
5.7 liter V8
I have the latest version and it's not there. Last night I reinstalled the latest version 13.38.52 to see if I could fix another issue I was having. After it finished installing I saw the "Fuel Saver Display in Cluster" option so I checked it. This morning while driving to work a green ECO started showing in my cluster. I have no idea why it's showing? Is that some sort of way of telling me that I've saving gas or something? Anyhow, I found it really annoying so I wanted to turn it off. And now - it's no longer an option when I search for it. Very weird. I'll do another re-install of 13.38.52 tonight and hopefully it shows up again in the menu choices long enough for me to turn it off.

kenwitter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the latest version and it's not there. Last night I reinstalled the latest version 13.38.52 to see if I could fix another issue I was having. After it finished installing I saw the "Fuel Saver Display in Cluster" option so I checked it. This morning while driving to work a green ECO started showing in my cluster. I have no idea why it's showing? Is that some sort of way of telling me that I've saving gas or something? Anyhow, I found it really annoying so I wanted to turn it off. And now - it's no longer an option when I search for it. Very weird. I'll do another re-install of 13.38.52 tonight and hopefully it shows up again in the menu choices long enough for me to turn it off.

The green eco light comes on to indicate when you're driving in the most fuel efficient manner.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Kingcobra423

Kingcobra423

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Sport CC 4X4
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT

That's my exact issue! You hit the nail in the head! Once I installed the update the "Fuel Saver Display in Cluster" disappeared! Frustrating for those people like yourself that turned it on, and now can't turn it off. Frustrating for me because I want to turn it on, but now I can't!

jsequino

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
5.7 liter V8
If you still have the 13.38.52 update, just install it again. Last night I re-installed 13.38.52 again (3rd time) and sure enough the option to Display Fuel Saver in Cluster popped back up. I quickly unchecked it - I found the green ECO thing really annoying. And this morning, the option to check/uncheck is gone and the ECO light is off - so that's good. In your case, since you want the ECO light - I think this is the way to go. Sounds pretty convoluted but it's worked for me. Let me know how it goes.

OP
OP
Kingcobra423

Kingcobra423

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Sport CC 4X4
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
If you still have the 13.38.52 update, just install it again. Last night I re-installed 13.38.52 again (3rd time) and sure enough the option to Display Fuel Saver in Cluster popped back up. I quickly unchecked it - I found the green ECO thing really annoying. And this morning, the option to check/uncheck is gone and the ECO light is off - so that's good. In your case, since you want the ECO light - I think this is the way to go. Sounds pretty convoluted but it's worked for me. Let me know how it goes.

Ok cool, thanks man! I'm going to try that tonight. How/when did you turn it off? Theses are the steps I took to do the update...

1) Start the vehicle.
2) With the engine running and radio powered on, insert the USB Stick with new software into USB hub.
3) The next screen display will have the old and new software levels.
4) Press the soft key “Yes” to start the update.
5) After the update is done, the screen will display the software levels again.
6) Press “No” and turn off the vehicle. Open the driver's door and let the Bus go to sleep. This will complete the radio update.
7) Remove the USB update stick, the update has been completed.

After which of the above steps did you turn off the ECO light?

jsequino

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
5.7 liter V8
Ok cool, thanks man! I'm going to try that tonight. How/when did you turn it off? Theses are the steps I took to do the update...

1) Start the vehicle.
2) With the engine running and radio powered on, insert the USB Stick with new software into USB hub.
3) The next screen display will have the old and new software levels.
4) Press the soft key “Yes” to start the update.
5) After the update is done, the screen will display the software levels again.
6) Press “No” and turn off the vehicle. Open the driver's door and let the Bus go to sleep. This will complete the radio update.
7) Remove the USB update stick, the update has been completed.

After which of the above steps did you turn off the ECO light?

I didn't have the engine on at all. Here's what I did:

1. Insert USB
2. Turn ignition to RUN
3. Wait for the screen to come up to ask me to do the update. Press Yes.
4. Walked away and came back 15 minutes later when it was done.
5. Pressed NO when it asked if I wanted to do the update again and took out the USB.
6. Went to the Display options and checked/unchecked the ECO thing
7. Turned the ignition to OFF
8. Started it the next morning and went to work.
Done
Good luck!

OP
OP
Kingcobra423

Kingcobra423

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Sport CC 4X4
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
I didn't have the engine on at all. Here's what I did:

1. Insert USB
2. Turn ignition to RUN
3. Wait for the screen to come up to ask me to do the update. Press Yes.
4. Walked away and came back 15 minutes later when it was done.
5. Pressed NO when it asked if I wanted to do the update again and took out the USB.
6. Went to the Display options and checked/unchecked the ECO thing
7. Turned the ignition to OFF
8. Started it the next morning and went to work.
Done
Good luck!

Thanks man! I'll give it a shot... How'd you make out with your heated seat & steering wheel?

OP
OP
Kingcobra423

Kingcobra423

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Sport CC 4X4
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
It worked! You're the man jsequino!

Attachments

• 20131206_070345.jpg
    20131206_070345.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 13

jsequino

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
5.7 liter V8
It worked! You're the man jsequino!

Excellent! Glad it worked. Me on the other hand - no dice with the heated seats. Supposed to get some snow tonight and we'll be out at a party. Maybe the heated seats/wheel will magically work when I do the remote start from my phone....

I also asked the service manager at my dealership if there are any updates for the issue. Time will tell...

OP
OP
Kingcobra423

Kingcobra423

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Sport CC 4X4
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
Excellent! Glad it worked. Me on the other hand - no dice with the heated seats. Supposed to get some snow tonight and we'll be out at a party. Maybe the heated seats/wheel will magically work when I do the remote start from my phone....

I also asked the service manager at my dealership if there are any updates for the issue. Time will tell...

Was it below 40° degrees this morning when you started her up? Did you try checking the box with the ignition in the run position but with the engine off or vice versa?

jsequino

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
5.7 liter V8
Was it below 40° degrees this morning when you started her up? Did you try checking the box with the ignition in the run position but with the engine off or vice versa?

My garage is heated so the truck is never below 55 in the mornings (which is very nice in New Hampshire.) It should be below 40 tonight when I get out of this party.

Yeah I tried checking it in RUN/engine off, ACC/engine off, and with engine on. No dice. I even just did a factory reset earlier today (by holding the heating and cooling buttons for driver and passenger it opens the Engineering Mode) and it still wouldn't stick. Something crapped out somewhere. Waiting to see what the dealer guys say.