Need help with ABS codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usocazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Changed oil today and after backing off of ramps I got a parking light and ABS error. Took it to Autozone & Advanced Auto to read ABS codes and came up with:

41 - Right Front Isolation Solenoid Open

45 - Left Front Isolation Solenoid Open

51 - Rear Isolation Solenoid Open

52 - Rear Dump Solenoid Open

65 - Internal Main Relay Open

Then took truck to Just Brakes to have them give me an interpretation of those codes. They didn't have an ABS scanner onsite due to it being sent to another Just Brakes location. The manager couldn't find anything on his computer that interpreted ABS codes for my truck - I didn't have the greatest amount of confidence in that guy. He did flippantly throw out that if the entire ABS has to be swapped out then that would be a costly repair. Ya think?!?!?!:mad:

Outside of a full replacement, what could these codes indicate?

BTW - had the Advanced Auto guy, reluctantly, clear the codes and they popped right back on.

OP
OP
usocazy

usocazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Ok just verified that my ABS module is shot. I can get it repaired rather cheaply but need to remove it and send it in.

How difficult is it to remove one of these things? I see 5 lines coming in and a couple of electrical plugs. Can I just back the lines out and unplug the electrical plugs or is there more to it?

Sent from San Antonio, TexasImageUploadedByTapatalk1423528290.811928.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
usocazy

usocazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l

Attachments

• DODGE RAM  EBCM REMOVAL INSTRUCTIONS.jpg
    DODGE RAM EBCM REMOVAL INSTRUCTIONS.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 1,775
OP
OP
usocazy

usocazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Soooooo, I get my ABS module back from the repair site and the corroded male connectors are still all corroded with 2 of them missing. Just like I sent it to them.

I call customer service and they look up my invoice and say "yep, your system was repaired" and "no, we don't repair the connectors". To which I ask "how can you test the repair if you can't hook up to the connectors?" All the techs were gone for the day so I have to call back tomorrow.

This is so frustrating!!!!

Sent from San Antonio, Texas

cloves

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Soooooo, I get my ABS module back from the repair site and the corroded male connectors are still all corroded with 2 of them missing. Just like I sent it to them.

I call customer service and they look up my invoice and say "yep, your system was repaired" and "no, we don't repair the connectors". To which I ask "how can you test the repair if you can't hook up to the connectors?" All the techs were gone for the day so I have to call back tomorrow.

Hey usocrazy, I know its been a long time but did you ever fix the issue with your abs module? I have the exact same codes happening.

kevkev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
can you snag one at a junkyard and have it work? Or is it vehicle specific? I had to buy a new airbag module and it was plug and play. Also, most abs module problems Ive seen is because someone does a brakejob and forces fluid back through the system rather than release pressure on the caliper to compress the piston to try to not bleed them when doing the job. I know. Its stupid. But Ive stopped people from doing it and explained.

Last edited:

HoseDocKen

Reaction score
Ram Year
1994 & 2008
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey usocrazy, I know its been a long time but did you ever fix the issue with your abs module? I have the exact same codes happening.
Hey Cloves,
Did you get a response to this comment? I'm in New Zealand and have ABS codes 41,45 & 51, no one knows much about Ram here so I don't want to pay for someone to learn.
I've replaced both front and the rear sensors, trans output sensor, stop light switch and changed the fluid. Short of burning this pile to the ground, are you able to shed any light?? TIA