Need help with quick FOB question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NavyFireMedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Key fob all of a sudden stopped working outside the vehicle. Replaced battery and still same issue. Any suggestions?

07 Ram 1500 Laramie

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
You might have to reestablish it with the vehicle. If it's the original that came with the truck you're in luck. I have to run right now, but if you check the owners manual or do a quick search online for programming a fob to your truck, I'd recommend it. Very simple. My wife did my last 2 fobs. HTH and Good luck.

OP
OP
N

NavyFireMedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure if it’s OEM or not, just picked up the truck last week, only one FOB with it and it does not appear to be aftermarket.

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Not sure if it’s OEM or not, just picked up the truck last week, only one FOB with it and it does not appear to be aftermarket.[/QUOTE

Look on back of fob for a serial number-oem fobs from Dodge have a number on the back. If you look up programming your fob online for your truck it will give you the oem number that should be on the back because there are different fobs and different programming methods. More than likely the changing of the battery was like a reset for it and now you need to program it back to the truck. I don't remember the whole procedure because like I said earlier, the DW did my last 2. I keep the original in a safe because you need the original to program any new fobs. But if you have the original its really easy. HTH Good luck,

OP
OP
N

NavyFireMedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To no avail, I continue this headache. I get the fob to work near or on top of the B post for it to lock or unlock, only when it’s drizzling or pouring outside.

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
To no avail, I continue this headache. I get the fob to work near or on top of the B post for it to lock or unlock, only when it’s drizzling or pouring outside.
If that is the factory fob, buy you a couple of new fobs (around $10.) and use the factory one to program your new ones, even if you have to have your neighbor spray a water hose over you while you do it. :crazy:

OP
OP
N

NavyFireMedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Smokey; I believe I have solved the problem, upon “messing” with the stereo, I noticed moisture on the pass side, I pulled carpet to find a significant amount of water, needless to say, I have dx said problem as sunroof drain hose has become disconnected from the nipple through inner fender. There was enough water to possibly cause great harm to electronics but not enough to notice though carpet and floor mats. Hopefully once I finger assault my truck tomorrow, I’ll dehumidify my nterior and possibly no, hopefully solve all random problems I have experienced thus far. Will let you know

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Smokey; I believe I have solved the problem, upon “messing” with the stereo, I noticed moisture on the pass side, I pulled carpet to find a significant amount of water, needless to say, I have dx said problem as sunroof drain hose has become disconnected from the nipple through inner fender. There was enough water to possibly cause great harm to electronics but not enough to notice though carpet and floor mats. Hopefully once I finger assault my truck tomorrow, I’ll dehumidify my nterior and possibly no, hopefully solve all random problems I have experienced thus far. Will let you know
After driving a very rough back road I had the exact same thing happen. Not on my current truck, but another vehicle. I was ready to silicone the whole skylight before I looked online and discovered the little drain hoses. My footwells literally filled up with water. All was good when it dried out, hope you have the same luck, Smokey