NEED HELP PLEASE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tattedram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have a 13' 1500 w/5.7

Cranks but no start ran a scanner shows multiple codes the first one being P2138 and then from there like air temp, O2 , shift solenoid and more.
I have replaced TB and AP but still have code. when I first started trying to fix there was only 3 codes now I'm showing like 7.
Can someone please help understand what could be my issue with this truck. was running fine parked it for about a month and now nothing.

Thks in advance

OP
OP
T

Tattedram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To be honest I don't have a lot of mechanical background and I live very rural area. A tow from here would cost close to a thousand before I even get into fixing the truck. So I have been reading and YouTubing to hopefully find the problem and fix a little easier then going to the dealer or repair shop.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Try getting alfaobd and torque, torque is free and gives you so many parameters to monitor. It's android based. This is a cheap way to get you in the ballpark without expensive scanners and stuff. Do you hear the fuel pump kick on when you turn the key on?

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If it turns over spray starter fluid down the intake see if it trys to run. However it sounds like you have some sort of short in your wire harness start looking around in the engine bay corrosion aswell as Mice can be a pain in the...

OP
OP
T

Tattedram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm not sure if the fuel pump turns on or not will have to look into that tomorrow to see.

OP
OP
T

Tattedram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't use an android, is there anything like that for Apple ?

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Multi-meter will tell you if it’s electrical and help with basic things like battery voltage and fuse box continuity
Do you have any experience working on vehicles at all like electrical safety ?
Do you own a multi-meter ?

Daniel from Texas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have a 13' 1500 w/5.7

Cranks but no start ran a scanner shows multiple codes the first one being P2138 and then from there like air temp, O2 , shift solenoid and more.
I have replaced TB and AP but still have code. when I first started trying to fix there was only 3 codes now I'm showing like 7.
Can someone please help understand what could be my issue with this truck. was running fine parked it for about a month and now nothing.

Thks in advance
Try the crank sensor, it can cause a ton of crap that isn't actually wrong.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I don't use an android, is there anything like that for Apple ?
Not that I know of. Apple is so boxed in and locked up for apps I quit using that junk agaes ago lol.

Tominator223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You didn’t say how many miles. If it’s over 100,000ml . Id check crank sensor, you can also change the fuel pump relay with a matching one in the fuse box. I got about 230k out of the oe fuel pump.

OP
OP
T

Tattedram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So update as of today 04/09/2024 I have replaced the gas pedal, throttle body and battery.
I have power at the fuel pump andit turns on and all wiring looks good.
The codes that are showing up are as follows : P2138,P0113,P0750,P0562,P0223,P2122,P2127
Now I know four of those codes are all related to the gas pedal and/or throttle body.
Any help with where to go next or what to look into would be greatly appreciated.
I have heard talks about PCM or ECM but not sure if that is the way to start looking at just yet. but if so anybody know a good place to get one other then dealer. My truck currently has about 102K on it. and other then a TPMS light on for a dead sensor the truck has been running great before it was parked.